We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Could anyone please advise if a Case wrapping service (cling film) exists at Hurghada departures please (after security)?

Many thanks

16 replies to this topic
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Why,

Just use luggage strap's,

Alan

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

I certainly didn’t see one but then again I wasn’t looking. In any case, I would be very surprised if there was.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Hi Paul...

The amount of times I've travelled through the airport, I can't recall seeing any shops before you check in luggage.

Leeds
Level Contributor
415 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Why,

Just use luggage strap's,

Alan

Not a very helpful answer to a perfectly reasonable question. I wouldn't bother answering if that is the best you can do Luxoragain

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Thank you all

Sadly Alan, luggage straps are not going to cut it either - they are as elusive as Case wraps if you don’t have them with you. Plus they don’t stop theft to the same degree.

Thank you all for your support 😉.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Paul,

now i understand why you need the cling film, its some thing i have never seen that's why i mentioned luggage strap's,

If you have room in your suitcase and you are under weight could you not take a small roll with you,

alan

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Agh thank you, I am scheduled to fly home tomorrow so limited access at hotel, have asked. The recent cases being lost or items taken - is not a welcome prospect! I’ve got pad locks so I’m hoping luck will be on my side.

Many thanks

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Depending on where you are staying Spinneys at Senzo or other larger supermarkets sell cling film. Don’t wrap your case until you reach the check in desks as all cases are screened on entry to the airport and you may be asked to open the case for checking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

Yes indeed - I could ask taxi to go to Senzo mail on route to airport and pop into Spinneys.

Thank you! Creative thinking and much appreciated!

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping

at the check-in counter for the Luxair flights to Lux. all cases without padlock are wrapped in plastic ( at a cost of 3 € ) and for my case this was done so unprofessionally that even the young lady at the counter reprimanded the handler to do it again, this is a safety precaution required by the airline and the plastic lock has the airline name on it

utter bull . . . watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5mvvZl6pLI

Reply to: Hurghada Airport Case Wrapping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted