We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Luxor to Hurghada

Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Luxor to Hurghada

I have an opportunity to go on an excursion with encounters travel at 50% off regular price. The trip includes driving to hurghada and then flying from hurghada to Cairo on Egyptair. My main concern is the bus trip. Is it safe to travel the roads? My other concern is flying within the country of Egypt. Egyptair does not have good ratings and im not a very good flyer. Any advice? Suggestions? Is it worth visiting Hurghada? Thank you in advance.

12 replies to this topic
Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus from Luxor to Hurghada

I’ve been to several places including israel and remote areas in italy and South America. I enjoy the “culture shock” part of the travel experience!

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus from Luxor to Hurghada

Hi Alexis!

I'm currently in Hurghada having just returned from two days in Luxor. I travelled by GoBus from Hurghada and returned the same. The journey was fine and enjoyable while it was light enough to see the the desert mountains. The bus went through Qena and, as a previous reply mentions, it is a slow part of the journey due to the speed bumps set out regularly to protect agricultural workers and vehicles (donkeys, mostly!) along that particular part of the route. It is more likely that your organised tour will just follow the desert road, in which case your journey time will be around 4 hours. The slower route is interesting though, as you pass through an agricultural area which presents some sights of rural life and smiling people who will wave at you as you drive past. I am sure you will have a great trip - just sit back and enjoy it!

If there is anything specific you wish to know about Hurghada, feel free to ask and I will do my best to give you an answer.

Edited: 09 November 2017, 16:09
Reply to: Bus from Luxor to Hurghada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada