We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling question

Liverpool
Level Contributor
500 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling question

Hi,

It will my first trip to Hurghada next April, although I've been to Sharm a few times over the years. I'm keen on snorkelling and I've heard that the reefs are not to same standard in Hurghada. Despite this, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a boat excursion with the best snorkelling that may appease my obsession LOL. Perhaps even a tour company recommendation. Hope you can help.

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
13 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,330 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling question

Hi Jose..

giftun island is a fantastic spot for a boat trip that offers snorkeling.

There are also other places that boat trips go out to.

Your best to book with a dive school in hurgarda, they will know brilliant spots.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling question

Where are you staying? Fort Arabesque is good for snorkelling

Liverpool
Level Contributor
500 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling question

Hi Josie..We are staying at Sunrise Holidays Hotel. Hi Clint.. I will check out Giftun Island trip. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
SUNRISE Holidays Resort
SUNRISE Holidays Resort
5,088 Reviews
Hurghada, Egypt
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,330 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling question

Hi Joe....

Enjoy pal ☀👌☀

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
621 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling question

Hi, Sunrise holidays actually has a reef though it can’t really be compared to those in Sharm or Marsa Alam. I, however, saw many interesting underwater creatures from lionfish to eels... so not too bad for Hurghada.

Mentioned in this post
Marsa Alam
Marsa Alam
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Liverpool
Level Contributor
500 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling question

Thanks 999sunshine, I will look forward to that. I will also try a dive excursion while there and I believe there is a diving facility next to the hotel. It will have to be a beginners, as I have only dived once on a trip to the Dominican Republic a few years ago.

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
621 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling question

Well, don’t get your hopes too high but it’s better than no reef at all. Enjoy your holiday:-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling question

Hi joesliverpool can't believe your question! Lol it's exactly the same as what I wanted to know. We have just booked the sunrise gardens (I think that's the right one,it's the one with a lagoon thing which looks great for me as I am not a strong swimmer. We fly TC 26th march fly back Easter Monday we are there for a week, I to wanted to know what the best boat trip would be. Posters say giftun island, that's the one I thought looks good, what about paradise island? Is it the same place? Would also like to go to the aquarium in hurghada, but it says on the website that it's twenty miles from the city, are there any planned trips or could we go in a taxi? Thanks for any replies Maureen

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,355 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling question

The aquarium is pretty close to the Garden Beach, about 3 miles so just grab a taxi.

Paradise and Giftan are the same island but different parts to it. Book Paradise if you can as Giftan is just a load of boats and people and i found it awful as you couldn;t snorkel without someone hitting you in the face with their fins...

The lagoon bit is at the Crystal Bay next door but one, the beach/sea at the Garden Beach is a normal beach but it's a bit sheltered so you will be fine.

Joe - Sunrise Holidays has a resident turtle so you might be lucky and see it :)

Mentioned in this post
SUNRISE Holidays Resort
SUNRISE Holidays Resort
5,088 Reviews
Hurghada, Egypt
Liverpool
Level Contributor
500 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling question

Thanks Lesley.. Who did you book the Paradise Island trip with? Maureen.. We fly out with TC on 12th April, so I will look forward to your review.

Reply to: Snorkeling question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted