We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

London, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

Booking a trip hopefully for July and Travel Republic seem to offer the cheapest deals for flights + hotels. Has anyone used this travel provider before? Just wanted to know that they are trustworthy and that when i give them my credit card I am going to get the holiday i have paid for lol

Thanks

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

Yes I have, a good few times - and have never had any complaints.

They have a phone number on their website as well, which I have used - so you can actually speak to a human as well.

If it's a good price, go for it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

Ok thanks, yeh i was thinking of booking over the phone anyway but was a bit worried that they might charge more if i do that rather then just booking it over the net. I'm really stuck between sharm or tunisia......ahhh lol

Mansfield Woodhouse
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

I used them last year for a trip to Sharm (Savita Resort) They had the best price but as I wanted to pay my holiday a bit at a time, you got stung 2% for each payment you make, even if its paid by Maestro rather than credit card which I found annoying as there are other companies who don't charge.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

Used them quite a few times for flights and holidays (flight + Hotel)

Never had any problems and any question are dealt with both online contact and via phone quickly.

preston
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

Dont want to alarm you , but i would check them out, i personaly dont much about them , make sure they have an atol licence or bonded by abta, if they have those you should be protected , remember excel last summer.......

manchester
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

hi, id recommend them to anyone, ive used them many times, never had any probs whatsoever, we always book our hold by phone with them its no extra to do so and you can make sure no mistakes, theyre transfers were expensive at one time but now theyve come down a lot, weve booked hols to tunisia and to egypt with them and as it says the price you see is price you pay no hidden extras, tracy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

used them 3 times now and i can highly recomend them

its a bit scary going away with a few bits of a4 paper you printed off your own pc bit it 100% safe

get the details up of the flights ,hotels , dates , prices ect ect , print off the page take it along to your high street travel agent and see if they can get anywhere close to the price , i bet you will be hard pucshed to find any that can ,

i did this last year and co-op travel where amazed at the price and couldnt get within £300 of it

if you do use them travel insurance and tranfers can always be found cheaper elesehere so you might want to make sure they are "unticked" when booking

London, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

I was just looking through the different flight option on travel republic and a lot of them seem to be with Viking airlines??? I have never heard of them and when looking at their site they are a sweedish company :s worries me a little as i have never heard of them flying from gatwick to sharm?

here wishing I was...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

HI NIcole

I think Viking's a new name on the scene - someone's just posted on the forum that they travelled with them to Sharm & stayed at Aqua Blu - got good comments about them

Re travel republic, I've used them a few times no problem - however their transfers have seemed pricey compared to others

alternatives to travel republic for booking that type of hol (vouchers for flight/accom/transfers) are sunshine.co.uk (just used them to go to Aqua Blu - cheaper than TR), also cheapholidays and icelolly.co.uk

hope this helps

London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: travel republic - has anyone booked with them before?

They are a well know company for booking different elements of a holiday. But it is worth remebering that when you book say a flight and a hotel with travel republic it is not a package holiday as such and therefore is not covered by the legislation in the package holiday regulations.

It's condiered a dynamic package and therefore you don't have the same level of protection. I guess this is why they come out slightly cheaper than TUI and Thomas Cook who are the main two package holiday companys we have left now.