We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Mansfield Woodhouse
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

I am thinking of booking Royal Grand Azure for June and will be going with my 18 month old daugther. Has anyone else travelled with a child this young to Egypt?

This will be me and my partners 5th visit to Egypt so we know what to expect but not going with a child before Im a little concerned about food and drink for her.

Will there be enough food choice for her? she pretty much eats everything at home that i give her but im also concerned about giving her water as your not suppose to give young children/babies bottled water.

Final thing, she will prob still be drinking milk in the morning and before bed, is full fat cows milk available to buy at any shops?

Any other feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Kent, England...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

HI,

Not too much help I'm afraid but I am also staying at the RGA in June and will be taking my (then) 22 month old son aswell as my 5 and 6 year old sons.

I have read that full fat cows milk is available at the buffet and you can just put it in the in room fridge.

My son was 10 months old when we went to France last year and he drank bottled water for 2 weeks with no problems. We also took my eldest son to Dominican Republic aged 11 months and he too lived on bottled water.

Other than the fact it will be very hot (which I'm sure you know) I think you will be fine.

When are you thinking of going? we fly on 7th June. Can't wait!

Enjoy your holiday

Edited: 20 January 2012, 00:38
uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

We took 2 2 yr olds a 5 yr old a7 yr old and a 11 yr old,plenty vegetables,pasta made in front of you and you decided what you had in the pasta honestly plenty food as we had the fussiest kids and they loved the food hope this helps x

Mansfield Woodhouse
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Thanks for the info, makes me feel more reassured.

As you have both travelled with kids, I have another question... How was the plane journey? Not sure if I can cope with a child on my knee for that long! She's 11 month at the minute and she will not sit still at all, she's always got to be on the move! Don't know how ill get her to stay still on our kness fopr that long.

uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

We were actually lucky the row of seats opposite us were empty so we had room to move about and on the way home i new the cabin vrew and they moved us so we had more room but actually even if they hadn't it wasn't that bad considering we had twins also they were up early for the airport (9am flight) do slept most the way oh and just remembered had a longer flight there as we had to detour to prague as a passenger took I'll x honestly it nothing to worry about x

Mansfield Woodhouse
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Thank you, that's made me feel so much better. Ill be booking tomorrow now! I just over think things and stress about things for nothing, other half just goes with the flow so we'll be fine.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Hi

we went in december with 3 daughters, aged 18months, 2 and a half and 9. Plenty of choices for food, lots of pasta with tomato sauces, potatos, chicken...when all else failed there was chips and ketchup. Ok, shoot the bad mum but for just 2 weeks as long as they ate i was happy!!!

We bought UHT full fat cows milk at the supermarkets and kept in hotel fridge. Flight there was a bit of a challenge (i'm also 25 weeks pregnant) but took a dvd, crayons, and they were ok. Coming home was an evening flight so both little ones slept. So much easier and i'd go for night flights both ways if i could.

Take swimming nappies as they are really expensive there, as are baby wipes.

Hope you have a great time :D

kirstie

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
911 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

We were there last year with an 18 month old and a 3 year old. Both still had a night time milk drink, and the bar staff in our hotel gave us milk to put in our room fridge - they also sterilised the beakers for us. The kiddies ate just about anything and everything, and they loved the pizzas that were freshly cooked. As another poster said, for 2 weeks, as long as they're eating something its not going to hurt them in the long term.

We took a dvd player with some cartoons, plenty of colouring pencils and books, and they also played with our DS - neither of them decided to sleep on either leg of the journey!!!

Just remember that they can dehydrate very easily and keep them topped up with fluids and you'll be fine.

Level Contributor
763 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Hi

We went with a 10 month old last Xmas... No problems with food... She had breakie in the hotel in the morning (fruit yogurt, corn flakes, break, toast, fruit etc... ) and we also make a sandwich, take some bread sticks in a lunch box for nibbles etc... We also packed kiddie biscuits, corn puffs', raisins from the uk & most places we're able to provide plain tomato paste, bread etc... I.e. no problem with food! For milk we took formula and a thermos, boiled bottled water and took that with us during the day so we could make a milk feed.

We gave boiled bottle water as drinking water once cooled and brought sterilising bags from boots to sterilise ours daughters bottles... It's best to buy a pack and take Milton tablets and reuse the bags.

If your feeling uneasy about the full fat milk there I suggest taking formula...

It was our second holiday with our daughter, but the first outside western Europe and no drama.

The Egyptian people are very friendly and accommodation with babies/toddlers

uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Take biscuits and crisps with you if you like a nibble ! We spent a fortune on these things, but then again I think the kids just liked going to the shop.

this time I am packing crisps & biscuits as the kids like to snack also I like a biscuit with my coffee in the room x

Also we took the floaties seats and found the baby's loved this in the pool x

Mansfield Woodhouse
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Grand Azure with a 18 month old, advice please

Thank you everyone for all your comments. I can now confirm I have booked 2 weeks in June, 17th-1st July and I cannot wait!!!! It will be mine and my partners first holiday since Jan 2010, and before Jessica came along we were used to two 5* holidays a year!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations