I'm planning to visit Taveuni as part of a S Pacific trip in Jan ( I understand it's cyclone season - I can only keep my fingers-crossed).
I plan to stay at T Island Resort, as I am the only person who wish to dive in my group, soI don't have a dive-buddy on this trip. I've read reviews on T OceanSports and T Dive, both are highly-prasied, but I cannot decide on which one to book. Here are my concerns and questions:
- OceanSports has the newest boat & equipement, but T Dive has Nitrox (which I prefer)
- OceanSports has rock-solid safety reputation, there is not enough info available on T Dive's safety record - is T Dive also rated highly for safety?
- T Dive is a PADI 5-star Instructor Dev centre, OceanSports' website doesn't provide any info on their PADI rating.
- T Dive will pick up from hotel, but OceanSports doesn't seem to.
- ideally I would like to book a private session with an instructor to do some PADI specialty courses, T Dive seems to have more instructors than OceanSports (?) and their website offers more courses.
- I'm cert to Adv Open Water but I haven't dived in 2 years so I am extremely concerned about currents. Though I think if I time my trip around the half-moon then the current would not be strong?
I would appreciate any insight into the 2 dive companies and advice on which one would suit me better. Thanks a lot guys!