We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ICICI travel card

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
ICICI travel card

I just attempted to get one of these cards online and was advised, that this service is no longer available.Has anyone got any more info on this?

Thank you in advance

13 replies to this topic
Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ICICI travel card

You have been given the correct information.

I used a "Caxton fx" card when I go on holiday. Much better than the now defunct ICICI card anyway. No waiting around do on line straight away, you just have to wait a few days for the card to arrive by post. It can be topped up at any time home or abroad.

BOB.....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ICICI travel card

I use Caxton too, easy to transfer money with the app so you can keep the balance low in case its lost. Used it in India and Australia. I also use the Caxton transfer service to pay for our accommodation and tours.

Mentioned in this post
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ICICI travel card

Thank you folks, most helpful

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ICICI travel card

Oh. I've used the ICICI card for the last three or four years, to add to the choice! With Caxton, Monzo etc, you can only withdraw £200 a month without charges, so I end up carrying about three cards around with me.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ICICI travel card

I have never been charged by Caxton for withdrawing more than £200 a month, used it loads in Australia spent more like £2,000 on it and no charges.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ICICI travel card

Same, it's never happened to me either.

BOB.....

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ICICI travel card

You're not charged if you use it as a credit card to pay in restaurants, only if you withdraw more than £200 worth of cash in a month. I'm not sure exactly how they charge you because I've never gone over that amount. I believe they charge around 2%, same as Revolut and Monzo.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ICICI travel card

Again, they have never charged me and I have withdrawn way over £200 in two weeks from ATMs, in fact I have withdrawn over £1000 in two weeks, this is what it says on their site.

* Caxton does not charge a fee for overseas ATM withdrawals. When you use an ATM overseas, the ATM owner may charge you a fee. This is not Caxton charging you, it's the ATM owner.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ICICI travel card

Again I agree completely with dragonfly.

BOB.....

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ICICI travel card

Caxton make a charge of 2.49% they do this by reducing the MasterCard exchange rate that they give you, other cards like Revolut are more upfront and tell you they charge 2% and show it on the transaction they also give £200 a month commission free

Reply to: ICICI travel card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted