We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

Has any one done this day trip with Thompsons UK to Mumbai, fly up for the day from Goa and come back on overnight train to Goa? Would like to see your thoughts and experiance not sure if its a sleeper train. I see Thompson do it through a local tour operator LE PASSAGE TO INDIA TOURS & TRAVELS PVT in Panjim. Wondering if its worth booking direct with them. Orefer my money to go straigh to locals.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

Overnight train will be sleeper... 23.05 from cstm.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
121 reviews
2. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

There are cheaper options and you dont get anything extra through booking with Thompsons, just pay them a cut on top of what you would pay if you did it direct with the tour operator, they dont have their own rep. We have done it twice, once with a tour operator in Goa and second time ourselves. We went both ways by train, sleeper up and daytime back, the overnight sleeper is great fun and the day tray is too for different reasons obviously. I would recommend 2nd class AC for the sleeper and non AC for the return to get the best of the train. For tours in Mumbai check out Youngs Tours & Travel, they are excellent. http://youngtoursandtravel.com/

England, United...
Level Contributor
516 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

I have been to Mumbai a few times. The 1 st time we flew to there and had 4 days before getting the overnight train to Goa..We only saw a bit of the countryside for a couple of hours..I havnt heard of this Thompsons day trip.Is it a special upper class train or just the normal express? If its nothing special I wouldn't bother.Just book flights yourselves both ways and have a nice hotel stopover..Have a couple of days there .Do a city tour there is loads to see.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

Thank you scottishgrass

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

Thank you Christine

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

Thank you so much thats really useful. I think we will take tour advice and go local!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?

There are many Overnight train and it will be sleeper... 11.05 pm from cstm.

Regards

M_OEHAGRA

Reply to: Any one done the Thompsons Mumbai express day trip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted