We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best to book accommodation before, or just rock up?

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Topic
Best to book accommodation before, or just rock up?

I'm considering ten days in Goa at the tail end of October. During my past travels around the far east I rarely booked hotels in advance and just got off the bus/boat and ventured off to find somewhere. So my question is, can one do the same in Goa or is it advisable to get a hotel booked online beforehand?

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best to book accommodation before, or just rock up?

At that time of year it shouldn't be a problem getting accommodation when you get there. It's quite early in the holiday season.

BOB.....

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best to book accommodation before, or just rock up?

Depending on which part of Goa you intend to visit.The south is a lot more quiet well as the north has a lot more activity happening.October end/mid November is when season will slowly start but is still relatively quiet.I would suggest make a list of places you would like to stay in and decide on reaching,if your otherwise ok with landing and deciding I don’t see that as a problem either.

Level Contributor
2,080 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best to book accommodation before, or just rock up?

If your trip is covering the 5th to 9th November, then goa will be busy during this period as Diwali falls on the 7th. It's a very busy period with domestic visitors enjoying the holiday period.

Reply to: Best to book accommodation before, or just rock up?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted