We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Dentist

I've been the dentist today for a replacement filling and had it done privately as I wanted it in white. I'm very happy with it.

But this has made me think of getting my other four amalgam fillings replaced with white purely for cosmetic reasons and I've made an appointment in January.

However I've booked a late deal this week to Candolim again, going four weeks today and so seriously thinking of having it done there and saving myself a few bob having listened to many people in past years successfully having work done.

I've done a quick bit of research and Dr Sharmilla seems to be coming out with very good recommendations.

I know mine is not a major job but I'm still wary for all the obvious reasons, quality, care etc. My dentist is great but it does seem a good opportunity to get it done cheaper in Goa than Liverpool two weeks later on my return.

I'm a great one for shopping around on everything and certainly don't think cheapest is always best and when it's sensitive stuff like this I really like to do deep research.

So any comments both good and bad on dentistry and Dr Sharmilla in particular I'd be very grateful for.

Sheek Emporium
Gift & Speciality Shops, Shopping Malls
Indian Arts Exposition
Gift & Speciality Shops
Lhasa Art
Gift & Speciality Shops
8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist

Can’t talk about Dr sharmilla, but Aqua viva Fernandes is a first class dentist just behind Newton’s. I’ve had a lot done, including 14 implants and they look like great natural teeth. I know it’s a lot cheaper in Goa for dentistry but I have to say that the standards are just as good if not better IMHO.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist

Another vote for Aqua. 3 bridges done 5 years ago... no problems

Regards

Neil

Level Contributor
507 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist

The dentist at bosio Hospital is also very good, my family and friends have used him for several years.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist

Doctor Sharmilla without hesitation.

Here is my reasoning why

post 7

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

BTW..

Three years in and still perfect in every way. Bargain of the century!

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
233 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist

Hello!

Medical Doctors in India are good compared to many other countries,The cost of treatment is also very reasonable.You have done one treatment already & then its always better to do it with the same Doctor, as you have established a medical comfort with her.

In my opinion ,do it now and than go back to your country.

Best Wishes,

Vilaas Humbre

Edited: 02 December 2017, 16:46
Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist

Anyone had teeth whitening done in Candolim ? how much would it be ?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentist

Thanks everyone

I've booked in with de Sharmilla

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply