We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monica’s shack

Essex
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Monica’s shack

I am trying to make contact with Monica but the email address I have doesn’t seem right. Anybody have a current email address for her please.

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monica’s shack

Have sent you a message.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monica’s shack

Sorry to piggyback this post... mind if I ask a couple of questions about Monica's please? Sounds like there is a beach shack & a restaurant... does the beach shack stay open in the evenings? Is the restaurant walkable from the middle bit of candolim? (Staying at Phoenix park)

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monica’s shack

I will try the address I have again

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monica’s shack

Hi Steve and Kay , Monica's restaurant is up past the Stone House , takes us about 15 minutes to stroll up there from near the Lemon Tree. Not sure if the beach shack is open at night but I suspect not as Monica cooks at the restaurant. The food in the restaurant is worth the walk , don't be put off by it looking like a transport cafe.

Mentioned in this post
The Stone House
The Stone House
493 Reviews
Candolim, India
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monica’s shack

thanks YT... manged to find it on a map now with that info. We certainly won't be put off by the looks... we are definitely more about the food & the people rather than how posh a place looks. We ate at loads of great places in Penang (Malaysia) in Feb that most people would walk straight past if they were picking on looks alone.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monica’s shack

There is a nice shack in that area that is open in the evening called Palm and Sands.That is a little bit up market to your average shack. We had a good meal there after a recommendation from JoeT.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monica’s shack

In the area of Monica's restaurant you mean?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monica’s shack

On the opposite side of the road to Monica's restaurant is the 'Curry House' ,the lane by the side of this takes you down to the beach and Palm and sands.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monica’s shack

Monica does not run the restaurant now but has handed it over to her daughter Menetta, who as been well taught by her mother, so still worth a visit.

Monica still visits the shack most days.

Reply to: Monica’s shack
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations
More Candolim Topics