We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aldeia Santa Rita

hampshire uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aldeia Santa Rita

Hi

Have booked to stay at the Aldeia Santa Rita in April 2019 and booked this some time ago. Yesterday had a phone call to say that Thomas Cook were no longer having a contract with this hotel- no explanation but we were offered a more expensive alternative. Didn't want the first alternative is was a bit too far out of the resort centre for us but we opted for our second choice, more central for us .

Has anyone else had this - hard to think it was overbooked but wondered why it was dropped . Seemed very popular according to reports . Has anyone any idea why?

Mentioned in this post
Aldeia Santa Rita
Aldeia Santa Rita
642 Reviews
Candolim, India
11 replies to this topic
Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

Had friends staying there who had booked for next Feb many months ago. They were moved to Whispering Palms and after arguing for no extra cost. I really don't understand why TC have not renewed contract. Been there many times with TC and a few hundred cheaper than Tui.

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach...
2,113 Reviews
Candolim, India
hampshire uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

Thanks- that's interesting. We were offered the Whispering Palms as a first alternative - looks lovely but we wanted something nearer the centre. Shame really if you read the reports for Aldeia on TA it was very popular . Will still have a great time I'm sure though!!

Mentioned in this post
2,113 Reviews
Candolim, India
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

Surprised to read this. Aldeia was a great hotel and very popular.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

Whispering Palms is not that far from the centre of Candolim, an easy stroll, but with plenty all around you. Where have you gone for instead?

Mentioned in this post
2,113 Reviews
Candolim, India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
hampshire uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

We went for the Raddison Goa .. just a person choice after chatting to friends etc . Would be interested to know why they took the other hotel off but with tour operators it could be any minor disagreement over costs Or something else . We love India and cannot wait to get back

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

Apparently TC seem to be pulling out of a few HOTELS since they gone schedule. PHEONIXPark Horizon in Calengute and Santa Monica so far..So maybe do I G a few at a time..They have also been.late in I nform.ing guests about it. So lot of HOTELS are already full...I

hampshire uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

That's really bad - I know we booked a way in advance and they offered us the two alternatives both priced dearer but to no extra costs to ourselves - if it's happened to more than 1 hotel makes you wonder why ?!

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

You do know that the Radisson is further out of Candolim centre than the Whispering Palms? But if you come out and turn left, you get the bars and restaurants of Sinquirim, so still a pretty good location.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
2,113 Reviews
Candolim, India
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

We have booked Phoenix park with Thomas Cook for March 2019 not heard anything from them and they are still advertising it on their website

hampshire uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aldeia Santa Rita

Yes Radisson suits us better for our needs near to friends staying in the area 😀

Reply to: Aldeia Santa Rita
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations
More Candolim Topics