We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Hi People,

Me and my spouce are planning trip to Leh Ladakh with very common 7days itinerary(Leh local, Alchi,Nubra, Turtuk, Pangong etc) in July 2018 end

As we are only 2,have a difficult time deciding should I prebook a private cab or use shared cabs.

Could you pls guide on below points

1. I chcked with TravelHimalaya operator and for 7days quote is Rs30000 appx. Seems too high. Can anyone suggest good reasonable tour operator?

Should I prebook or go there and bargain?

2.Taxi union rates mentioned are for FY2016-17. Will the same rates apply unless updated for July 18?

3. In shared cab, do I miss out on any sightseeing point midway as the cab would be point to point or do they cover all sightseeing poibt enroute?

For example when shared cab drops me to Nubra valley base camp how will I go back to Hunder from there? Or To Turtuk further? Are share cabs availabke for all locations at all these major points?

4. In how much advance Will I have to book a seat for share cab? If I plan to leave early in morning are these cabs avaiable?

5. Do i have to get ILP from online or in Leh market?

Thanks and regards?

Mentioned in this post
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
Leh District, India
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
741 Reviews
Jammu and Kashmir, India
8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Hello friend,

There are lot of groups & couple are going ladakh, suggest you to ask to join your friends at least if you will be 6 than would be a reasonable trip for you guys.

1. you are right taxi union rates are the same around 30K.

2. try to share cab with tourists not public transport cab, you will be able to explore points during the road trip.

3. no need to worry about ILP your hotel guy will arrange for you on nominal cost.

cheers!

DiscoverNH

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Thank you DiscoverNH for your insights

Leh, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

1. I chcked with TravelHimalaya operator and for 7days quote is Rs30000 appx. Seems too high. Can anyone suggest good reasonable tour operator?

The rates are approximately the same as given above but you can go for a Xylo car, should cost few thousands less.

Should I prebook or go there and bargain?

Good to prebook to avoid any last moment hassles especially druing May and June as these two months are the peak seasons.

2.Taxi union rates mentioned are for FY2016-17. Will the same rates apply unless updated for July 18?

There have been a hike of 10% in few sectors, so do cross check that as well.

3. In shared cab, do I miss out on any sightseeing point midway as the cab would be point to point or do they cover all sightseeing poibt enroute?

Not necessarily, if the other guests are also tourists like yours. In Changspa lane you may get mahy others willing to share a cab with similar itinerary but thats a matter of luck and chance.

For example when shared cab drops me to Nubra valley base camp how will I go back to Hunder from there? Or To Turtuk further? Are share cabs availabke for all locations at all these major points?

Shared cab will drop you in Hunder, from where the camps are walking distances, you can get shared cabs to Turtuk and other villages in Nubra from Hunder itself or at the most from Diskit. Your hotel guy can book that for you.

4. In how much advance Will I have to book a seat for share cab? If I plan to leave early in morning are these cabs avaiable?

Depends from driver to driver, in most cases the full amount.

5. Do i have to get ILP from online or in Leh market?

Ask your hotel guy in Leh or any travel agent (if you dont have time), need your valid id with address (for indians) and valid passport and visa copy (in case of foreigners)

Hope that was useful.

Mentioned in this post
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
741 Reviews
Jammu and Kashmir, India
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
Leh District, India
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Will the below day3 in itinerary suggested be too hectic? Day2 will be spent in Hemis Shukpachan overnight.

Day 03, SHAM VALLEY TO LEH Hemis Shukpachan is one of the popular destination in Sham region it has uniqeue land eascape and trekking road between Hemis to Liker.To day you will feel an other exprience that you will trek one and half hour Hemis to Chagatsey La between Hemis to Yangthang a beautiful secnic beauty can see over there and on the way back you can cover Liker monastery ( matrya buddha statue), Zanskar and Indus River confluence, MAGNETIC HILL, GURDUWARA, and HALL OF FAME overnight in Leh

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Magnetic Hill
Magnetic Hill
1,355 Reviews
Leh, India
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1,500 Reviews
Leh, India
Leh, India
Level Contributor
352 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

No the above suggested itinerary is very much doable and is one of the mildest trek guests usually do. Doable!

Edited: 08 March 2018, 12:44
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Thank you Vilayat

I was also wondering if in July end which will be monsoon in Ladakh I believe, is it advisable to go from Nubra to Pangong directly rather than coming back to Leh? How likely is that the direct route open during first week if August?

Mentioned in this post
Ladakh
Ladakh
Jammu and Kashmir, India
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
Leh District, India
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Leh, India
Level Contributor
352 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

Best not to depend too much on that road in July and August, but if we go by previous two years, road was open through August except a day or two. Just to add, there has been very little to no snowfall in the region and mostly it's dry even today which means the road is more likely to remain open through the year. Best to take decision on this after arriving in leh depending on the weather at that particular point of time.

Edited: 08 March 2018, 16:07
8. Re: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2018, 19:39

Reply to: Advuce Transport Share Vs private cab for sightseeing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted