We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Cancellations from Leh to Delhi?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
58 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Cancellations from Leh to Delhi?

My daughter and I will be in Leh at the end of July. Daughter is planning to fly from Leh To Delhi to catch her 9pm flight on July 21 from DEL to United States. Are flights from Leh to Delhi reliable? Can my daughter plan on flying from Leh to Delhi on July 21st or is there a large chance that the flight will be canceled? Do you recommend that she fly from Leh to Delhi the day before her international flight to hedge against flight cancellation?

thank you for any guidance and wisdom you can provide.

3 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Cancellations from Leh to Delhi?

I would always fly the day before an international flight - but I am cautious by nature. There are so many things that can go wrong and whilst Leh to Delhi in July is likely to be problem free, who can reliably predict the weather or other factors? Travel back to Delhi the day before to be on the safe side.

Indore, India
Level Contributor
359 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Cancellations from Leh to Delhi?

Hi flight cancellations are not common as limited flights fly from Leh ,however we cant control weather so it better she fly out a day before just to hedge ...

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Cancellations from Leh to Delhi?

Over the years I've had my flight out cancelled twice , once in the summer season. So low chances , but I'd still plan a buffer day.

Reply to: Flight Cancellations from Leh to Delhi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted