We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
6 posts
1 review
Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

At last, Me and my wife are going to ladakh. We will reach (via flight) 15th morning and will leave 22th Morning (via flight from Leh again). It is one of our dream trip. We are not relaxed traveler and can stress a bit if required. So an itinerary suggestion will be really appreciated for perfect Ladakh tour.

25 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

This is my itinerary on the same mentioned days.

15th morni flying from delhi to leh.. everyone advised to stay in leh itself for acclimatization. so will be going 1 or 2 places post noon on that day and stay at leh.

16th (Day 2) : From leh and start to nubra valley and khardung la..Stay at Nubra

17th (Day 3) : nubra valley to pangong tso....via chang la pass.. Stay at Pangong tso

18th (Day 4) : pangong tso to tsomoriri...via tsaga la, mahey bridge, sumda... Stay at tso moriri

19th (Day 5) : Tso moriri to leh....via tsokar and taglangla pass... Stay at Leh

20th (Day 6): leh to kargil..check some enroute places..Stay at kargil

21st (Day 7): kargil to srinagar..visit sonamarg, zojila pass, drass village. Stay at Srinagar..

22nd (Day 8): Srinagar to Gulmarg...alpharwat peak gulmarg gondola, gulamarg biosphere reserve, alphater lake, ningle nallah, seven springs.. Stay at gulmarg

23rd (Day 9): continue day in gulmarg and noon drop back to srinagar and then to delhi.

you can make some modifications as per your plan.

Edited: 13 July 2018, 22:14
Pune, India
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

15 -> Arrive and relax. Stay in Leh.

16 -> Travel to Kargil. On the way Magnetic Hill, Confluence, Alchi, Likir, Mulbekh. Stay in Kargil.

17 -> Visit Drass and return to Leh. On the way Lamayuru, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara. Stay in Leh.

18 -> Travel to Nubra via Khardungla. Sumur, Panamik, Diskit, Sand dunes. Stay Nubra

19 -> Travel to Pangong. On the way Shey palace, Hemis, Thiksey, Stay at Pangong.

20 -> Return to Leh.

21 -> Leh local sightseeing. Backup day.

22 -> Fly out.

If Tso Moriri is on your wishlist then 20th is possible but that will be too tight.

Other option is if you don't want to visit Drass then do a day trip upto Lamayuru. That will save a day for Tso Moriri.

Even if you are not relaxed traveller, stretching yourself in Ladakh region could be very different than other places. Do follow guidelines to avoid AMS.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Rajnis thak you.is it possible to go to tso moriri from pangong and come back to leh nxt day. Will It be too hectic?

10 posts
4. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Hi Saumya,

Me and my husband are also traveling to leh from 16-23.

Needed a little info since we are also designing our itenary.

I am not sure how are we going to travel between places.

What's more feasible taxi, bus or bike rides?

Any idea about Tso Moriri?

Thanks!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
6 posts
1 review
5. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

I am also exploring the options. I will prefer car instead of bike or bus. If I can get co passenger couple, i will prefer privately booked car on sharing. That will reduce the cost and freedom on choosing the location. I am yet to create an approximate itinary. As you guys are traveling around same date, ig you are interested i can share my itinary with you and if it's matching with your itenary, we can share.

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

The ideal way of acclimatizing is to take the Srinagar-Leh road , with a night halt in Kargil enroute. Second best , on a fly in , is to spend first night lower than Leh ( Alchi or Ule Tokpo ) .

10 posts
7. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Great! We are also looking for a couple to share the taxi. Please share your number on chunauti1609@gmail.com

Edited: 20 July 2018, 00:43
Indore, India
Level Contributor
371 posts
123 reviews
8. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Hi plan this-

Day 1 - Leh Local

Day 2 - Leh to Nubra & Stay

Day 3 - Nubra to Turtuk & Back Nubra

Day 4 - Nubra to Pangong & Stay

Day 5 - Pangong to Leh & local Leh

Day 6 - Leh to Kargil & Leh back

Day 7 fly out

8 posts
1 review
9. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Hi I will be traveling around the same dates to leh from the 14th to the 20th want to cover the same places I am a solo female traveller... want to cover the same places let me know if I can tag along can share the cab expenses.

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.

Hi,

We suggest tour itinerary

Day 01 : Arrival at Delhi - Leh

Day 02 : Leh - Lamayuru - Ule

Day 03 : Ule - Leh

Day 04 : Leh - Nubra Valley

Day 05 : Nubra Valley - Leh

Day 06 : Leh - Pangong Lake

Day 07 : Pangong Lake - Leh

Day 08 : Leh - Delhi (Departure)

Regards,

Yogesh Gupta

Reply to: Itinerary Help, 15th Sep - 22 Sep. Leh - Ladakh.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted