We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

chennai
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

I've an asthmatic problem and cannot tolertae very cold temperatures (less than 15 degrees), is it advisable for people like me to travel to Leh during the months of July-August 2008?

It would be great if someone could reply on the above query. Thanks.

Geneva
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
1. Re: Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

Hello,

I've been there the last year. It gets pretty cold during the night, but if you don't stay out too late should be ok. We didn't have any rain during the period, but the guide told us that sometimes it can happen. It was cloudy during several days.

However, I don't advise you to go on treks if the low temperature doesn't do you good. You'd be sleeping in some tents that are really not well isolated and during the night it can get pretty cold up there. I got I nice cold like that! :)

But how about the altitude? Leh is at 3500m of altitude. Doesn't that bother your asthm?

Cheers

chennai
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

Thanks for your reply. I'm not really into trekking because of the asthma. High altitudes have not posed a problem till now, I've been to Manali, Shimla, Darjeeling, Mussorie and other such hill stations in India & have not faced any problem till now.

I'll take care not to stay in campsites / tents due to the insulation problem as suggested by you.

Thanks once again.

- Roshni

mumbai
Level Contributor
170 posts
3. Re: Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

July-August 2008 are the ideal months . You would need to check with your doctor also you have to be very careful when you acclimitize you can get some tips here indiamike.com/india/ladakh-and-zanskar-f31/

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

I suggest you to first consult with the doctor before going leh , Leh is at much more hight then Manali Darjeeling it is 13000 + feets .

we stayed there at Singge Palace hotel, Rs 2800 per night all meals included for two , good location.

June / July is the best season to visit

uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

i went there last August it was very hot but you need to get used to high altitude it can knock you out for a couple of days possibly worse for you with asthma, beautifull place though i would reccommend it

6. Re: Is the weather at Leh suitable for travel during July-Aug?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 04:18