We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

Pune
3 posts
Save Topic
Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

HI i am planning a tour to Coor -Otty -Mysore -Banglore . Its a 7 day tour . I will start from Manglore ( reaching time 2PM at airport on 20th April) and end tour at Banglore ( 10PM flight on 26th April).

Can anybody suggest me how to plan visit i.e. no of days to spend on each location.

My ID is navneet_oberoi@hotmail.com

Rgds

Navneet

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

hi Navneet

Welcome to tripadvisor

Coorg 2n wayanad 1 n ooty 2n mysore 1n and bangalore 1n

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

Hi Navneet...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

My personal suggestion would be to land in Bangalore/Mangalore/Coimbatore and take off from Mangalore/Bangalore. You may decide based on the airfares and convenience. And in case you are through with the bookings, don't bother.

Mangalore - Coorg - Wayanad/Kabini/Bandipur/Masinagudi - Ooty - Mysore - Bangalore. You may choose from the options available based on your interests and preferences. You seem to have 6 nights, in which I would recommend you to do Coorg (2), Next Stop (1), Ooty (2) and Mysore (1)

Feel free to revert for further clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Pune
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

Thanks Prasanna,

Coorg to otty how much time do it take by road and normally is there some time limitation to travel between these two .

By time limitation i mean one can't travel after 6Pm or so

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

Hi

Do have a look at this map which will give you an idea of the demography

http://goo.gl/maps/JJgqS

Visting all these places in 7 days is going to be a bit rushed, for some of theses places are best enjoyed when you spend atleast a couple of days at those destinations.

My suggestion would be to cut out Ooty and spend these 7 days in the Karnataka region.

Day 1 (evening and night and the next day - Mangalore)

Day 2 (to Coorg 160 Kms) evening, night, next day and night at Coorg visiting places around (Madikeri, Tlakcauvery, Tibetian monastrey etc)

Day 4 (to Kabini) evening, night, and till noon next day at Kabini / Safaris

Day 5 (to Mysore - 75 Kms) afternoon, night, next day, night at Mysore (Palace, Srirangapatna, Ranganathitu, Brindhavan gardens, Chamundi hills etc)

Day 7 (to Bangalore)

It is important that the travel between locations is planned based on your budgets and travel preferences, else even this will be quite stressed.

regards

Rajan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

Coorg (Madikeri) to Ooty might take close to 7 hours by road on a normal driving conditions. Yes, there is a check post in the border, where vehicles are not allowed after 8 PM.

Pune
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

Thanks a lot to all for valuable comments

7. Re: Otty 0r coorg better option mid of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 15:16