We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

chennai
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

I am planning to go on a roadtrip from Chennai to pollachi-parambikulam-valparai-athirapally from 22nd Jan Sat to 26th Jan Wed.Going with family of 5adults + 1 baby including 2 ladies in my Innova. After browsing the net and reading Mr.Rajans posts here on tripadvisor i have finalised on 2 options. I need suggestions/ changes to my itinerary and place of stay,etc. Budget for stay around Rs1.5k per room per nite.around 4k for all of us.

Itinerary 1

Day1-22nd Saturday

6AM- Chennai Departure

6PM- Pollachi arrival –check-into hotel (wild country resort/banyan tree)

Day2-23rd Sunday

8AM- Pollachi to Parambikulam sanctuary and overnight stay at sanctuary-machans/Island)

Day3-24th Monday

Leave Parambikulam to valparai –en route-Aliyar dam, monkey falls,etc.

Stay at Valley view-waterfall estate

Day4-25th Tuesday

Valparai to sholayar, neerar dam -vazhacahal, Athirapally. Stay at Riverok/kanova

Day5-26th Wednesday

Athirapally to Chennai via chalakudy, thrissur,plakkad.

Itinerary2

Day1-22nd Saturday

6AM- Chennai Departure 6PM- Thrissur arrival –check-into hotel

Day2-23rd Sunday

6AM- Thrissur to Valparai via vazhacahal, Athirapally, sholayar, neerar dam and overnight stay at Valley view-Waterfall estate.

Day3-24th Monday

Valparai –local sightseeing

Day4-25th Tuesday

Valparai to Parambikulam sanctuary and overnight stay

Day5-26th Wednesday

Parambikulam to Chennai via Topslip,pollachi

Thank you

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Hi

Option 1 looks better to me, for you get a stay at Athirampally, while you are passing by on Option 2.

Regards

Rajan

chennai
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Thanks. I will follow your suggestion. Accomodation not available in Wild country and banyan resort for this sat.any other hotels in pollachi, jus for a night stay.We will be reachin by 6pm and checkin out after breakfast. Any decent place will do.

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Hi

Not sure of any other decent ones in Pollachi.

Maybe you can break your journey at Coimbatore for an overnighter at one of the hotels (Residency, Nilgiris Nest, Alankar Grand etc) and drive out to Parambikulam in the morning. Pollachi is just 45 minutes from Coimbatore.

regards

Rajan

chennai
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Thnx.I will be taking the Chennai-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Mettur-Bhavani-Tirupur-Pollachi route, which was mentioned in a forum.So i wont be touching CBE.Or should i be taking any other route. Moreover if possible, i am planning to do some local visits en route to hotel in pollachi.So I just need a place to sleep for the night as I will be leavin early for parambikulam (Bamboo Island stay). Even hotel shakti and nivethas inn in pollachi say all their rooms are full.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Hi prasanth and others

can i get some information on Kanova resorts???

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

For people who plan a similar trip......

I would suggest you try this route as the one via Mettur is a single road and full of pot holes. Instead of taking your right from the highway towards Mettur, proceed further and close to the Salem Airport, there is a right which enters Omalur. Get into this road, head towards Taramangalam and Konganapuram and hit the highway in Sankagiri and proceed on the highway. This will cut short your distance and this even though a single road, has less traffic.

You will not hit Tiruppur in this route. You will reach Avinashi enroute, from there head towards Palladam, instead of following the highway because the Avinashi - Coimbatore highway work is going on and the roads are fully dug up. From Palladam, you will reach Pollachi via Sulthanpet. The distance would be the same and the roads would be better.

Regards

Prasanna

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
327 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Hi ,

Is it possible to take a taxi from Munnar to Parambilkulam or Valparai. I heard there is some check post problem , so that its not possible.

Please advice

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

Hi

Yes, you can take a cab from Munar to Parambikulam (Munnar - Udumalpet - Pollachi - Aanaimalai - Sethumadai - Parambikulam).

There is a check post before you ascend the Top Slip hill range and another before you get into Parambikulam (at the Kerala side). You cannot get past this one, unless you either have a booking at Parambikulam or you opt to take the Kerala Forest Department vehicle, after parking your private vehicle at the Forest office.I have not heard of any other problem at this place . . .

regards

Rajan

9. Re: Valparai-Parambikulam-athirapally roadtrip-Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 03:16