We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need itinerary for april

Mumbai
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Need itinerary for april

Hi. We r a group of 12 adults and 6 kids from Mumbai planning a trip to Uttaranchal during the kids summer vacations in April 2012. Our tentative duration is 10-12 days ex mumbai Our budget is approximate 75000 per couple.

Can u suggest an itinerary? Hotel suggestions -mid budget approximate 2500 per day? Also transport? We r open to doing rail or flights or a mix of both

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need itinerary for april

it would be best to come to Delhi by air and then take the shatabdi express train to Dehradun you can get off at Haridwar and spend sometime on the bylanes and visit the Har-Ki-Paudi for the evening aarti and then head to Rishikesh

in rishikesh you can enjoy the white water river rafting experience which starts in the morning and then you can head to the Ram and Laxman jhula (bridge) where the rafting trip ends and can visit the various temples at rishikesh

next morning you can leave by road for Dehradun and from dehradun to Mussoorie and spend you time at leisure on the queen

Mentioned in this post
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
Rishikesh
Rishikesh
Dehradun District, India
Dehradun
Dehradun
Dehradun District, India
Mussoorie
Mussoorie
Dehradun District, India
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need itinerary for april

Uttaranchal/ Uttarakhand has a wide variety of Holidays available. I can vouch for that as I have been going to this area of erstwhile UP since i was a kid. I would suggest that you plan on visiting the Corbett area First. Take a train from New delhi to Ramnagar ( I think there are 2 trains a day so advance booking is required). Reach Ramnagar in the morning, book into a resort near the park ( just some distance away from the Town) & spend teh first day visiting teh Kosi river near Garjia Temple. At the time of the year you are planning I wouldnt foresee a huge flow in the river & it can be a nice day out with kids & adults alike having bath in the river, just frolicking around & of course climbing the stairs to the Garjia mata Temple.If possible take food with you from teh hotel or some place at Ramnagar as the food at the site is not much to speak about. Enjoy a quite Campfire in teh evening with the group & get up early next morning for the Jungle safari ( It starts from 5.45 AM & last entry is at 5.30 PM), but remember to get it booked in advance thru the official site of Corbett national Park. You can go thru the Dhikala zone gate which is around 19 KM from the Town of ramnagar & a lil lesser from the resorts! Explore the Wild side & if you are lucky you will sight a Tiger, otherwise theres lot of antelopes & Tuskers to be sighted. It will be a tiring experience none the less & you will again get together around the campfire in your Resort. You can spend an additional day just relaxing and even revisit any of the 2 spots I mentioned above ( sometimes you require more than one outing to sight a tiger) ! From here, the next day you can move to Nainital which is just around 65 Kms away ( mayb 1.5- 2 hrs by road). Enjoy the natural beauty there for 2 days, visit the naini lake & the Bhimtal lake also ( which is around 20 odd Km frm nainital), do some shopping. Dont forget the trek to either tiffin top (4 km hike) or the Naina peak ( 6 km trek, ponies also available) which will lead you to a fantastic view of teh town as well as the himalaya peaks.Then you can move to ranikhet where you can get a few days of rest & recharge. Visit the sadar bazaar, the upper mall & the various temples etc in town & relax by the mountainside in your resort. You can also go to Almora for a day or two if you have time. Its also a nice place to relax. This will finish the first leg of your UK tour! The next leg would cover Haridwar & rishikesh, Mussourie, Dehradun, in that order. Haridwar can be done in a day visiting the ghats & temples. Next day at rishikesh- the religious minded can do the temple tour here & the more adventuorous can take a white water rafting trip just ahead of rishikesh. If you are all young people, i suggest you stay at one of the many camps ( i stayed at the snow leopards camp & found it very good) along the river. This is not to be missed at any cost. Next day you can move to the Capital of UK & further to mussourie first. stay a couple of days here & then come back to dehradun which can be covered in aday. The way back to Delhi then in around 6-7 hrs. Best way to go about things is to hire a couple of cabs at either (kashipur - a town near ramnagar but bigger in size or Ramnagar) & complete the trip in the same. Else you can also take a train journey in the last leg from dehradun to Delhi.

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Ramnagar
Ramnagar
Jim Corbett National Park, India
Kosi River
Kosi River
595 Reviews
Jim Corbett National Park, India
Nainital
Nainital
Nainital District, India
Bhimtal Lake
Bhimtal Lake
549 Reviews
Bhimtal, India
Naina Peak
Naina Peak
181 Reviews
Nainital, India
Almora
Almora
Almora District, India
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
Dehradun
Dehradun
Dehradun District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
377 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need itinerary for april

Hey

This is a great idea and I suggest you book well in advance to get the best places. I would suggest the following itinerary:

Day 1: Delhi-Nainital

Day 2: Nainital

Day 3: Ranikhet (Holm Farm)

Day 4: Ranikhet (Holm Farm)

Day 5: Almora (Kalmatia Sangam)

Day 6: Chakouri (Ojas Resort)

Day 7: Munisiyari (Visit Patalbhuvneshwar Caves on the way)

Day 8: Munisiyari

Day 9: Binsar(KMVN)

Day 10: Binsar(KMVN)

Day 11: Naukuchiatal

Day 12: Delhi

There are many places you can see around these destinations while staying there and add great value to your trip. Also I would suggest that you choose one area to get the best experience of UK. the above is my favorite, meanwhile you can also choose Haridwar-Rishikesh-Deoriyatal-Auli sector and mix it up with Dehradun and Musoorie. In the above mentioned plan you can also add Corbett for enjoying the legendary forest reserve and also Binsar is a Wildlife sanctuary also.

Hope this helps and if you are interested in the above I can help you understand the detailed plan and also transport solutions.

Udit

about.me/udithooda

Mentioned in this post
Nainital
Nainital
Nainital District, India
Ranikhet
Ranikhet
Almora District, India
Almora
Almora
Almora District, India
Ojas Resort
Ojas Resort
37 Reviews
Rishikesh, India
Binsar
Binsar
Almora District, India
Haridwar
Haridwar
Haridwar District, India
Rishikesh
Rishikesh
Dehradun District, India
Auli
Auli
107 Reviews
Chamoli, India
Dehradun
Dehradun
Dehradun District, India
4. Re: Need itinerary for april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2012, 18:18