We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Gurgaon to Dehradun

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
143 reviews
28 helpful votes
Road Trip from Gurgaon to Dehradun
Save

Hello Everyone!

We are a family of 3 planning a road-trip from Gurgaon to Dehradun and further to Mussoorie later this month. We wanted suggestions on below:

1. Route from Gurgaon to Dehradun - Is the KMP route better than crossing Delhi/Gaziabad as I am assuming we may be able to compensate extra distance with higher speeds on KMP.

2. Things to absolutely do in Dehradun - We are there for only a few hours on our way to and from Mussoorie. Are there any specific places (especially from a 4 year-old perspective) that we should absolutely cover. We are planning to visit at least the deer park and Shahastra Dhara.

3. Kemty Falls - We are staying at JW in Mussoorie - is the road to Kempty Falls good enough for a driver with mostly "driving in plains" experience. Is there a potential to get taxis for a single destination. What is the best local transportation medium from/to JW.

Any other suggestions/restrictions (Covid/Non-Covid) we should be aware of.

2 replies to this topic
Waco, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Road Trip from Gurgaon to Dehradun
Save

Hey Tarun!

1. Route from Gurgaon to Dehradun - living in Dehradun I can't speak to the best way to get around Delhi, but I HIGHLY recommend you take the NH7 to Rishikesh and then to Dehradun as it is easier on your car and any family members who get sick.

2. Things to absolutely do in Dehradun - Realistically there isn't much that Dehradun can offer that you won't find better in Delhi or Mussoorie. I recommend heading up the mountain as quickly as possible.

3. Kemty Falls - JW Marriot offers guests transport up the mountain. We see their cars here in Dehradun regularly. If you are worried about driving in the mountains its a great option.

Hope this helps and enjoy your time in Mussoorie!

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
143 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Road Trip from Gurgaon to Dehradun
Save

Thanks Carlton! Your suggestions were immensely helpful :)

Reply to: Road Trip from Gurgaon to Dehradun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.