We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Perth
3 posts
Save Topic
First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Hello everyone,

My husband & i are off to Bali next week, baby free!!! We are staying @ The Pullman in Legian.

Can someone please reccomend some really good shopping spots & a nice day spa, massages, facial, manicure, pedicure, oh & any nice restaurants? I have herd of Sarong, Potato Head, La Lucciola which we are definetly going too.

Cheers

Summer

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

I go to the Melasti spa on Jalan Padma utara...it's awesome! It's 95000rp plus taxes for an hour massage, but they are worth it! It's quiet and peaceful unlike many of the really cheap massage places.

Some of our fave restaurants are Mozzarella on jl padma, and Rumours in eat street, seminyak. Honestly there are so many good places you won't have trouble finding somewhere nice each day!

Edited: 15 May 2012, 15:26
Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Thanks heaps for that, will check them out. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Moo Moo's in Legian is also really nice. sorry I don't know the street names but it's on the street that the Legian Hotel is on, the car entrance street.

Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Santai Spa in Jln Padma Utara is good. Charging 80 000rp for an hour massage, they serve you a cold tea, wash and scrub your feet before your session. After the massage, you are served ginger tea. Do make sure you book in advane to avoid disappointment.

I'd really recommend Ultimo in eat street in Seminyak. We went there at least 3 out of the 5 days we were there.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Sardine in Kerobokan is the best dining experience I have had in 20 years of visting Bali.

http://www.sardinebali.com/

My sister loves Body Works in Seminyak for spa treatments.

http://www.bodyworksbali.com/

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Book Sarong once there (get hotel to call) and also probably La Luciolas.

Any popular restaurant often needs booking.

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 08:28
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

there are some amazing little boutiques in seminyak. they are more pricey by bali standards but you can find some really nice things. they would be much more for you than hubby. a good base, if you're thinking of shopping without hubby is the bintang supermarket.

Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Thank you everyone for your great feed back, i will be checking out all the great places u have all have recomended! :)

Edited: 22 May 2012, 17:54
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

If you do go to Seminyak, there is also Cool day spa for good massages and right over the road is Grocer and Grind for coffee, breakfast, lunch. Also nearby is Seminyak square for shopping for homewares, clothes, and a great little supermarket.These are all at the end of Eat Street towards the beach.

Enjoy your holiday!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Bali, where to go for shopping & day spas

Hey there SummerPerth...

Santi Spa as recommended above is great....my wife rates it highly. Its in Jl Padma Utara just behind the Padma.

The spa at the Pullman gets top reviews too. We'll be given that a go in 4 weeks when we stay there. would love to hear your thoughts on your return.

Shopping is all along JL Melast where the Pullman is. Legian Markets are along there and up on the left is GarlicLane again with good shopping. Heaps of restaurants along both those roads. Have a look in the top right corner of this page under 'Where to eat' and you'll see them all and reviews and recomendations from TA followers.

Have a great trip and enjoy your 'baby free' time (im sure youll miss your little one....)

Cheers, Leon