We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

Oxford
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

Has anyone stayed at Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa in Sanur? It looks amazing on the booking.cm website but there are very few reviews so I am wondering if it is too good to be true. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

This is about 300 metres from where I live. it certainly exists. The Polish Consulate is across the road. A short stroll away there are a number of good restaurants. I would estimate the beach to be a 4- 5 minute walk away.

Blanjong is well known as the red light area of Sanur, however you probably will not notice or even know it is happening around you.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Oxford
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

Thanks for your reply. Is the area fairly quiet? I am feeling a bit put off by the revelation that it is in a red light district! It does look like a beautiful villa online though.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

Do not be put off because of it being a red light area. You will not notice it.

This is also the area where many of the more wealthy locals live. There are 6 different Consulates in the area as well.

One of the wealthiest men in Indonesia has a house about 50 metres away from Kolonial House.

Mentioned in this post
Kolonial House
Kolonial House
30 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

Stayed here in August for a week, hard to find first off but once there it was amazing. 5 min walk to the beach, the walk along the beach front amazing!! and a $2 taxi ride to hardy's supermarket and Sindu Beach markets. Very quiet other than the rooster out back :) one bathroom was smelly but fixed up with bleach by the wonderful people who came in every morning at 10am. The pictures are very much how the place looks, it's huge and we will stay again for sure. Sanur was the perfect place to just relax and unwind :) I recommend mumma putu's restaurant only a 10min walk from the villa, cheapest and nicest meal...

Mentioned in this post
Sindu Guest House
Sindu Guest House
252 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

Please don't let the red light district issue sway you from staying there. We stayed not too far away from there for 10 weeks, knew from talking to people that there were 2 brothels in our street, but for the life of us couldn't quite figure out which 2 compounds they were. You honestly will not notice or see anything.

If fact we found having some of the neighbours out and about in the middle of the night a distinct advantage. The locals are very good security, they get to know who should and shouldn't be there and keep one eye out for trouble. You most definitely will be safer there than many other residential areas in Bali.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
6. Re: Rumah Colonial Blanjong villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 12:16