We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices for drivers 2013?

Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Prices for drivers 2013?

Is there anywhere a list of current prices for drivers to common destinations??

I have been quoted 200,000rp to go from airport to Sanur-seems a bit high-just wondering cause I'd hate to get ripped off on the first day! We are not Bali Virgins lol.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,168 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

Not all drivers charge the same price so there is no fixed price. The best way to find out prices is to ask for recommendations and then email each driver with your requirements to get quotes.

The price rise is only recent so not enough time has passed to be able to get a mid-range figure.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

In June petrol prices went up around 40% so expect big differences in prices from the past. The very reliable and honest driver who helps me in my business changed his daily tour prices from 450,000 rp to 600,000rp. You could always find drivers who would take less, but these people work for very little money and struggle for the things we take for granted, like paying school fees - so please pay a bit more if you can.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,889 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

LanaMelbourne, it seems that many drivers are increasing prices around the 50,000rp mark. Certainly all the ones we use have only increased by that. The 150,000rp increase your driver has added will pay the fuel price incease for 75litres of petrol (2,000rp increase/litre x 75). It would have to be one big day trip to use anywhere that amount of fuel.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

Wonder how much it will cost to hire a van for 12paxs for a day?? Will be going during end oct...

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

I agree with bradmam ......taxi is much cheaper! Just a tip make site the driver turns on the meter! I found that the light blue coloured cabs are a better company have heard the other company cZn be a bit dodgy

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

Whatever you do stay away from Norman with Drivers from Distinction. He'll quote you 500,000 rp including petrol, but it will end up being 600,000 rp. for additional "petrol costs." I'm renting a scooter.

Save Reply
27. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

If you are pay for 20 us from air port to sanur I think bit expensive and the price is 15 us ! And pull day carter to volcano and ubud area is 50 us . Thank

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

We highly recommend our driver Adi of Aussie Bali Tour, very accommodating and friendly and will do full day trips 10-12 hours for around $40. Will also do airport runs etc. ph 62 85 237 739 888 (int) 081 936 276 016 email: jasriparadise@yahoo.com

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

The prices tend to differ due to things like the vehicle (condition) and who they rent it from and what percentage they get or if they own it (seldom).

If the vehicle is luxurious or the hours longer than 8 or the passengers a large amount, then you need to pay more.

If the vehicles air con is broken or it's not overly comfortable, then pay less.

If you use the same driver for a number of jobs and he is getting lot's of business from you, then that makes a slight difference too.

A reputable driver should quote you the correct amount.

You are always free to tip too :)

30. Re: Prices for drivers 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 14:19