We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap but Clean Lodging

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap but Clean Lodging

Hi friends,

I've booked travel for the legs of our trip but can still cancel. I didn't have recommendations for inexpensive places in Sanur so just took something based on reviews, price, and availability. Ended up at Boutique Di Abode, which I see is a bit out of the way. Our budget for Sanur would top out at $40 for my husband and I combined. We aren't looking for a hostel unless they have double rooms. We're past the mixed dorm rooms!

For our budget we aren't expecting the Ritz but would appreciate clean and not moldy, with working internet since we're leaving kids at home.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Pat

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Hostels in Sanur
The Green Room Seminyak
The Green Room Seminyak
#26 of 429 Speciality lodging in Seminyak
M Boutique Hostel
M Boutique Hostel
#6 of 118 Speciality lodging in Kerobokan
H-ostel
H-ostel
#4 of 206 Speciality lodging in Kuta
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,339 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Just booked at Puri Sadang which has great reviews.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

I booked Sindu Guest House, my son was there said it was great , booked through booking.com

Mentioned in this post
Sindu Guest House
Sindu Guest House
248 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Hi

Try Flasbacks or the Swasticka Guest house both are really,good value

Tannum Sands...
Level Contributor
142 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

I second Flashbacks, good, clean and includes breakfast. Also is in a good position.

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Thank you for these suggestions. I'll check them out. Except Swasticka- just the name makes me uneasy!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

In Bali culture the swastika is a religious symbol... you see it on many temples. It is different from the Nazi swastika in that the protrusions face the opposite direction :)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Also, have a look at Little Pond Homestay... I have looked through this small property and it looks very nice and clean...Airconditioned rooms at around AU$20 - $25 per night from memory :) Not sure if they have internet connection, but most restaurants/cafes provide free wifi :)

Mentioned in this post
Little Pond Homestay
Little Pond Homestay
135 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Lee, thank you for explaining the swastika for me. Very helpful to know! And thank you for the suggestion of Little Pond Homestay. Will check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Little Pond Homestay
Little Pond Homestay
135 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Just wrote this on another post but I'll copy and paste

I live in Sanur now and have been here for two months. I'm staying in Pondok Satria right behind Hardy's (really great central location). It is really clean and nice with internet aircon and hot water and I only pay $250 dollars per month which is like $8.50 per night (85,000 rupiah--really cheap!) I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. great place to live and really great people. they only have four rooms and book pretty quickly so I suggest calling and trying to reserve the room 081239229244. You have to negotiate the price but if you are staying for an extended amount of time it's the best deal in Sanur (I checked everywhere first and this is by far the best deal out here). The rooms are big,have big queen beds and large bathrooms. this price includes daily room cleaning and breakfast (really basic, toast, fruit and coffee).The only thing it doesn't have is a pool

good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Hardy's Sanur
Hardy's Sanur
393 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap but Clean Lodging

Have you looked at The Ugly Duckling? Fantastic position- across from the Gazebo and surrounded by great restaurants. Rooms are tired in terms of décor but very clean and serviced every day. Staff are wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Gazebo Beach Hotel
Gazebo Beach Hotel
249 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia