We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNR my first one

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
HNR my first one

Hi to everyone - been in Sanur 2 days now - already feels like I have been here forever! You do forget when your at home how easy it is to slip back into the life here! We are staying at the Kamuela in a one bedroom villa - all ok but no sun so pool is too cold to swim in so using the main pool. Had a lovely meal at Paon our first night and ended up at linga longa - I discovered this bar last year and just love it - I love music and they do a pretty good job - booked in to Charming nxt night and went there but ended up leaving - no real reason - one we discovered we weren't that hungry (their menu didn't appeal to me at all as I don't eat seafood) two I really didn't like the "over" service, ie each time I went to the toilet and came back to the table they would run over and pull my chair out for me! I don't know about anyone else, but that just doesn't appeal to me (I must be mad!!) we had a few bintangs and an entrée, then left. Headed over to Cassablanca to check out the music, again, didn't like it there either and ended up back at our fav place, linga longa! Go figure! Have walked beach path all the way from North to South around 5pm grabbing a bintang or two along the way, chatting with the locals and just cruising,. Our Balinese friends visited us today which was lovely, and also our friends from home flew in today and so we had a wee party around the pool this arvo @ Kamuela which was really nice. I had a lolly cake I bought over with me (this is a kiwi cake) and this arvo when we were all here I got the kitchen staff here to cut it up and share it around with everyone, workers, visitors and guests - I have no idea what they thought of that but they came and told me "all gone" so I reckon it went down a treat!! Had massages yesterday and today, no more for me _ I have bruises everywhere!! I don't normally like them but my partner does so thought I would go with him - bad move on my part! this trip is a relax for us, so we r not going out and about so sorry if this is a tad boring - will try and post a bit more in a few days- cheers Nads

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
615 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HNR my first one

Enjoy the relaxing-that's the best part of a holiday as is the eating!

Oxley, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNR my first one

Thanks & well done Nads on getting a HNR posted. I had all good intentions of getting a HNR done last month in Sanur, but it turned into a JBR....just didn't fit it in!

Isn't it great when you find a favorite place to hang out & relax, sounds like Linga Longa might be the place for you this trip.

Looking forward to seeing how your relaxing break pans out.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HNR my first one

thanks guys - it takes a while to get settled in I think - I don't think I would remember enough to do a JBR cos I do like a few bintangs haha

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HNR my first one

Thanks Nads.. It was great to read your HNR

Especially if you are in very cold wet Melbourne today.

Looking forward to reading more.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
5. Re: HNR my first one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 12:18