We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Roast Dinner

WALES
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunday Roast Dinner

Hi

Can anyone tell me where they do a good Sunday Roast tomorrow evening in Sanur? Been travelling for last three weeks a I could do with some home comforts.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

Hi KL - there is nothing like a piping hot stodgy Sunday roast when you're in 34 degree heat and 75% humidity.

I would head down to the Cat and Fiddle, not far from the Puri Santrian, they do a Sunday roast, but if you can't wait that long you can opt for a steak and Guinness pie, mash and gravy. At last someone has found a use for Indonesian Guinness.

Mentioned in this post
Puri Santrian
Puri Santrian
2,498 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
London, United...
Level Contributor
547 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

I would recommend Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill restaurant.

It is not the cheapest but it is good. My wife has to have a Sunday roast dinner wherever she is in the world and this place does a good one. It has massive portions.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
100 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

Try the Whitesands on Jl Pantai Sindu, buffet style self serve and its roast lamb.

Mentioned in this post
Sindu Guest House
Sindu Guest House
252 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
219 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

I second skyblue bbq. As we are originally from the uk, no roast dinner is complete without aYorkshire pudding. Yum!

My daughter was feeling very faint and the waitress there brought drinks, cold towels, fan and she lay down on sofas.

Michael, the owner introduced himself and gave us a personalised tour of the kitchens and function room.

I think I may of gone off on a tangent there!

In short, blue sky is great for sunday lunch if you can manage it in that heat :-)

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

Sky Blue BBG and Whitesands both are very good. However be aware they are lunch time roasts.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

Cempaka, Sky Blue's Sunday Roast is lunch and dinner. Mike and I were talking about this earlier in the year and they decided to run it over the 2 meal times because it's sometimes too hot in the middle of the day for a full roast.

My vote would be Blue Sky as well. If you go the statue in the middle of the road and turn down the side street towards the beach, Blue Sky is on the left hand side of the road.

You will not leave there hungry I promise. It's also a great place to go for an excellent steak.

WALES
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

Ok thanks for all replies - it will have to this evening as off to Ubud now. Can't wait for both.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

Whinnie, thank you for the correction. I actually phoned Jan (one of the three owners) to check.

The three of them are friends of mine and I am doing them a disservice by giving out incorrect information.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

LOL you forget that it was you who introduced me to them all (on 2 separate occasions).

I remember thinking that holding the roast over the 2 meal times was a great idea, when Mike told me about it because, as you know, we love our roasts when we've been there a while, but sometimes aren't hungry enough to eat one at lunchtime, if we've had a good breakfast. AND it allows us to have one at lunch at the Senia (if they have it that weekend) and another at Sky Blue ;-)

Now, all you and I have to do is to get some more of these restaurants to serve some small sized meals for those of us who love to eat but can't eat 3 big meals a day, so that we don't have to share a large meal or send food back uneaten because there was too much. I know it's a pet peeve of yours as well as mine as we have spoken about this often. Sometimes I crave something as simple as plain toasted chicken sandwich.................

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Roast Dinner

down the street I think its called Sports Bar before Sindhu Beach Hotel every Sunday night forget the name of the place

Mentioned in this post
Sindhu Beach
Sindhu Beach
556 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia