We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help and construction work!

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help and construction work!

Hello,

Looking at Sanur for a couple of nights in November 2013, before we head off to Lombok.

We have seen on Tripadvisor that there is construction work going on beside Paneeda. Should we worry about it? Is it also close to Paragita Resort and Spa.? or any of the other places listed.

Looking for a nice setting, close to the beach, restaurants etc.Not at all 5 star but more traditional, but not run down.! Do not want to spend over the $200 AUD for the 2 nights and have chosen the following hotels

Paragita Resort and spa ROH room.

Paneeda View Beach resort in a standard cottage.

Sayang Sanur Terrace House in a deluxe ground floor

Segara Agung in a Deluxe Bungalow

I would be very pleased if fellow travellers could give their opinions and their top choice.

Kindest Regards

RSA

Edited: 08 August 2013, 12:27
Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Sayang Sanur Terrace House
Sayang Sanur Terrace...
47 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

The Construction of a new hotel is between the Parigata Resort and the Peneeda View.

Risata is similar priced and is nowhere near this construction site.

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

Hello,

Thank you Bori007 for your help. Yes, I can see the construction site clearly on Google Earth.! Right in between my top 2 choices.!!

Is the Risata in a good location. ? Walk to the beach, restaurants etc. Will check out prices now.

Regards

RSA

3. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 13:22
Edited: 08 August 2013, 13:22
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

Sorry about Risata, I made an error. That one is in Tuban nearby Kuta (not Sanur). I meant Respati.

Respati is on the beach (Parigata is not on the beach but very near). Peneeda View is on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
rsa
australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

Hello,

Thanks Bori007, Have been looking for Risata Sanur, but could not find it. Only Tuban.

No worries, will look up Respati now.

Thanks RSA

Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

We stayed at the Peneeda View in July but were in family rooms on the side furthest away from the construction. We didn't hear any discernible noise at all. Friends were staying in one of the villas on the side closest to the construction and had a clear view but not too much noise.

The construction looks very imposing when swimming in the pool near the reception and we could hear a lot of building noise from there.

It is definitely a lot closer to the Paragita and I recall making the comment as we walked past there that I was very, very, glad not to be staying there.

In my view the Peneeda View is very run down (or our room was anyway as was our friend's).

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

Hello,

Thank you Perthdweller for you reply and comments.

Looks like it is back to the drawing board.

Any further suggestions on where to stay?

Looking forward to further replies

Thanks RSA

Edited: 08 August 2013, 21:31
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

I booked Puri Sading which has great reveiws and apparently a short walk to the beach but not far.

Or you could try the Mecure.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
21,742 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

How about the Puri Satrian?

10. Re: Hotel help and construction work!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 12:18