We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new bali airport

Caloundra...
2 posts
new bali airport

has anyone travelled through the new bali airport and want to share the experience. Have they sorted out the long waits queues? etc or are the airport concierges still a help?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: new bali airport

Little bit of info here

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

Cheers Mac

Caloundra...
2 posts
2. Re: new bali airport

thanks

Queensland
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: new bali airport

Also on my post from a few weeks ago:

tripadvisor.com.au/…53267770

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: new bali airport

Well the new airport as I experienced it last Saturday.

Arriving fron Singapore with Air Asia. Was surprised to get an airbridge,even more surprised to find myself in the old terminal. A few corridors, stairs and we were in the new terminal's arrival hall.

VOA purchase desk is first, hard to miss then you have the line for immigration. Touts are still roaming the hall to offer their services.

Lines are now the twisting style, like in Disney. It was about 12 rows deep cordonned and maybe 3 extra rows after that.

AlloI can say is that it moves fast, pilot gave us a landing time of 15.22 and I was collecting my suitcase just before 16.30.

I counted 12 booths open for foreigners.

All in all it looked scary mostly because I remember the days when the new rules were briefly introduced 2 1/2 years ago and the 3h wait in the old terminal, but this time it was fine given the amount of people.

When exiting the building, after you've passed the crowd of drivers, the taxi booths is on the left, as of last saturday it was an outside booth quite some way from the exit. This probably will change when they get an office.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 11:54
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
357 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: new bali airport

I went through 27th Sept took an hour to get through maybe a busy time of day 5pm usually arrive early morning and dont have much of a wait. there was a few planes that had landed at the same time. and I think there was about 5 immigration desks open. but it didnt bother me as far as I was concerned I was in bali and I would give anything to be in that line right now even if I had to stand there for three hours. my husband arrived a couple of days later at 8.30am and it took only 20 min hope that helps enjoy your trip

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,596 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: new bali airport

Thanks for the updates guys, all very useful.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: new bali airport

Meant to also say there were no porters at the luggage carousel and no trolleys, but there were bays where the trolleys could be parked ready for use.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
108 reviews
8. Re: new bali airport

I arrived yesterday, Tuesday morning.

VOA was very quick. Short queues, many staff.

Emigration took about 5 or so minutes, there were only two queues but still, staff were quick.

The airport was fairly quiet really. Only my flight were going through.

Baggage came through quickly too. Normally I would be waiting for 15 minutes from when the first bag appears on the carousel but my bag was through within 5 minutes.

It was a great experience! I had expectations of the old airport, so being in the new one almost made it feel as I had landed at a totally different destination. And as per previous post, there were NO annoying bag porters trying to rio your bags from your hands. Yay!

There are two excellent money changers just as you exit the arrivals area. Finally!

Ahhhhh.... the Bali experience just got so much better! :)

There's a really good coffee shop/eatery at the exit too.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
108 reviews
9. Re: new bali airport

Sorry, meant to say Immigration not Emigration.

Staff were polite and friendly too, unlike smother countries I've visited recently.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
205 reviews
10. Re: new bali airport

Also experienced the new, not quite finished domestic terminal when we flew out to Makassar last week.

Very, very good and by the way the airport at Makassar is stunningly good.