We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in choosing a hotel

Napa, California
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help in choosing a hotel

I have seen several posts and read through them all, but I have a few specific questions. We are looking at the following hotels and kind of leaning towards the Respati

Puri Santrian

Respati

Sativa

I would love to hear some pros/cons of each other than the size of the resorts, maybe location, beach area (swimable, snorkeling?), walking distances to restaurants, etc.

Also are there different room classes at each or anything we should know when booking?

Do all these resorts have Aircon?

Do any provide free wifi?

We are planning 3 nights, but are fairly flexible

Would we be able to get to the temple located on the southern tip (Uluwatu?) as a day trip?

Thanks in advance!

More Questions to come

Mentioned in this post
Puri Santrian
Puri Santrian
2,505 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Uluwatu
Uluwatu
Bali, Indonesia
Snorkelling in Nusa Penida - Manta...
6 Reviews
US$115 per adult
Free Cancellation
Batur Volcano Sunrise Trekking with...
2 Reviews
US$34 per adult
Free Cancellation
Snorkelling with Manta Rays
2 Reviews
US$85 per adult
Free Cancellation
Napa, California
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in choosing a hotel

Thought of one more question:

Do any provide an airport pick up?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,029 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in choosing a hotel

Hi

firstly it is easy to get a transfer to your hotel, there are pre paid taxis at the airport so just get one of those.

I have stated at Sativa and also Respati (and many other hotels in Sanur).

Firstly Sativa is NOT beach front so given that I would choose either of the other two.

Both Respati and Puri have restaurants and shops all around and apart from that a taxi to get you from one part of Sanur to another is only a couple of dollars.

Puri is a much larger hotel, larger grounds and bigger pools and a more extensive beach frontage, Respati is a smaller hotel the is a narrower block of rooms stretching from the main street of Sanur to the beach front. Better to request a ground floor room close to the pool / beach. No need to pay the extra for the couple of rooms that are beside the pool. The pool here is not large but more that adequate.

Respati and puri are two different types of hotels. Choose whichever one suits your budgets and requirements.

All have air con, and wifi is free at respati but you can't get coverage all over the hotel. I have also had internet at Sativa.

Yes you can easily get to Uluwatu from here just hire a driver to get there.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Respati Beach Hotel
Respati Beach Hotel
374 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Uluwatu
Uluwatu
Bali, Indonesia
Vienna
Level Contributor
31 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in choosing a hotel

I have stayed at the Santrian.

Pros: Large property equals: Beach area, good opportunities for food and drink within the hotel. A little shop right across the street (for buying water or snacks for your room). Nice pools. They also have "club rooms." This is a section of the resort solely for people traveling without children. So if you want to avoid sharing a pool with a bunch of kids book one of those rooms.

Cons: Didn't like the town. The property seemed bigger than I expected and was just a bit too crowded as far as I was concerned. Rooms are nothing special. They spray some insecticide every evening that causes the entire place to stink like poison for an hour or so. The beach isn't particularly nice. All the paths leading off the property are surrounded by locals trying to sell you stuff. After two nights I just left and went back to my original hotel in Ubud.

If you can't tell...I'm not exactly recommending it.

4. Re: Help in choosing a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 14:20