We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam to Bintan

2 posts
Save Topic
Batam to Bintan

Hi,

Please can you help me how do I book Batam to Bintan ferry for the date 11\11\2017.

Mentioned in this post
Batam
Batam
Riau Archipelago, Indonesia
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Regency, Indonesia
3 replies to this topic
Bintan
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Batam to Bintan

ferries from Batam to Bintan can not be booked in advance

passenger ferries/speedboats run daily every half hour from 7am till 6pm, car ferries run daily 4 times a day

just go to Telaga Punggur ferry terminal on Batam's east coast, and pick your destination:

a) Tanjung Uban, about 15 minutes by speedboat, 1 hour by car ferry

b) Tanjung Pinang, 60 minutes by passenger ferry

Mentioned in this post
Batam
Batam
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Tanjung Pinang
Tanjung Pinang
Bintan Island, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Batam to Bintan

Thank you:)

Out'n'About
Level Contributor
4 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Batam to Bintan

Follow up question to the OPs and noting the answer given so far:

What about timings and the process to get from Batam airport (BTH) to Bandar Bentan Telani (BBT) ferry terminal on Bintan? Specifically:

1. Is it just a simple case of arriving at BTH and getting a taxi for the 15Km journey around to Telaga Punggur ferry terminal on Batam? Is there a regular shuttle that does that trip? Indicative cost?

2. Do the ferries / boats have any sort of schedule for running from Telaga Punggur to BBT? If not, about how often do they depart? And when would the last one depart Telaga Punggur?

3. Is it easier to simply fly into Tanjungpinang airport (TNJ) and take the ~90 min land transfer to the resorts area? This is not my preferred option as there are many more flights and preferable timings to go into BTH.

My family are travelling domestically from within Indonesia and transiting via Singapore WILL NOT be an option.

There does appear to be only a little info out in internetland and much of that appears out of date, so hopefully someone has an up to date response.

Regards, NTIC

Mentioned in this post
Batam
Batam
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Reply to: Batam to Bintan