We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bintan during monsoon season

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Bintan during monsoon season

Hi TA. We are going to stay at bintan lagoon resort on the 26 for 3D2N. The resort just email us stating its monsoon season now n the watersports are all close. Much to our disappointment. Now we are stuck thi king what we going to do there for 3D2N. But what worry me most is the ferry ride as i have motion sickness. We will be taking a direct ferry to the resort. Anybody has any experience or suggestion on d ferry ride. Heard stories its going ti be a bumpy ride.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
11 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bintan during monsoon season

We are in Bintan at the moment. It is really windy. Our family came on the last ferry crossing arriving 8pm and those that sat in the “economy” class were all sick those that upgraded to emerald class were fine.

I would advise take as much travel sick precautions as you are able to and upgrade to emerald class

Good luck !

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bintan during monsoon season

Thanks for replying. At least we get the picture of what we going to face.

Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bintan during monsoon season

the direct ferry link from Singapore to Bintan Lagoon does not operate when the sea conditions are too rough

you will then be redirected to the Bintan Resorts Ferries, or BRF

the worst part of the journey from Singapore to Bintan during monsoon time are the last 15 minutes of the ride

going back from Bintan to Singapore is usually smoother

the best possible seats are at the very back of the ferry, in the middle (not by the windows)... do not watch TV

Emerald Class is not a good idea, as it is located either in the front section of the ferry, or on the second floor

these two locations are getting the maximum waves amplitude...note that Emerald is only available on BRF

Reply to: Bintan during monsoon season
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island