We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Stay near Kuta Beach

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Short Stay near Kuta Beach

I am going to be in Lombok for 2 night's, so I will have just one full day there, though I am aiming to also make the most of my first day. My hostel is located in Kuta Lombok a 12 minute walk from Kuta Beach according to the website.

What beach(es) I should visit and should I just aim to go to one beach per day?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Lombok, Indonesia
Kuta Beach - Lombok
Kuta Beach - Lombok
1,242 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
6 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
83 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Stay near Kuta Beach

My two favourite beaches in the south are Selong Belanak and Tanjung Aan. Both are easily accessible by moped. The backdrop at Selong Belanak is breathtaking as is the beach.

You can easily just pick a spot and chill or pay a small fee for a sunbed and parasol.

I personally would spend a day at each.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 21:15
Mentioned in this post
Tanjung Aan Beach
Tanjung Aan Beach
749 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Selong Belanak
Selong Belanak
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Stay near Kuta Beach

Thank you! I've heard good things about both beaches. I know Lombok is quieter than Bali (which is what I'm looking for) but are there families at the beach usually? I ask because I'm not sure if my friend will be able to join me in Lombok so if possible I'd like to have someone trustworthy look after my stuff if I want to swim a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
83 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Stay near Kuta Beach

If you take a sunbed and parasol near one of the eating places the guys that work there will look after your gear. We found the locals great!!

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Stay near Kuta Beach

Just to clarify, do they also look after things like wallet, phone, and key? I don't actually know how to ride a moped so I will probably hire a driver and thus won't have much personal belongings besides these to stow away. Also, do they have the sunbed and parasol offers at both of the beaches you recommended?

Thanks again!

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Short Stay near Kuta Beach

I realize now the safest idea is to just buy a reliable dry bag for if I decide to go swimming.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
83 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short Stay near Kuta Beach

Yes they looked after all of our items, no problems, and both beaches have numerous sunbeds and parasols mainly attached to little restaurants, which serve very cheap food and drinks.

Reply to: Short Stay near Kuta Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted