We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines to Lombok

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines to Lombok

Am looking for flights to Lombok from Denpasar and want to know if there are any airlines that are a definate no go. Garuda seems to be full and don’t know much about wings air or lion air in terms of safety record etc. Any help would be grateful.

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
6 replies to this topic
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines to Lombok

Yes, Garuda is the best, Lion and wings are ok, but notorious for poor service and flight delays.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,097 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines to Lombok

Garuda is our national Flag carrier and the best option on the domestic market.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines to Lombok

Thanks.. I’d rather fly garuda but there are no flights for times that suit, which is why I want to know about the other airlines.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,097 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines to Lombok

If not GA, its Lion or Wings... nothing else flies to LOP direct from DPS>

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlines to Lombok

I fly Wings quite often. Wings are operated by Lion Air. Really Lion Air is no worse than Garuda in terms of safety, both airlines having had incidents in the last decade. That said Garuda tends to run more to schedule, but I have on more than one occasion watched the cheaper Wings flight depart while waiting for my Garuda flight to eventually get around to boarding, or even been moved by Garuda onto a Wings flight when they cancelled a flight. The main reason I fly Wings is that their flight times are often more convenient.

Don’t be concerned about using Wings, or Lion, it’s still a lot safer and more convenient than a boat.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airlines to Lombok

Thanks for your info.. Have booked a flight with Lion Air as it has an earlier flight than garuda and (hopefully) not hanging around the airport as much

Reply to: Airlines to Lombok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted