We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KTX booking

7 posts
Save Topic
KTX booking

Hi,

We are 2 person travelling and our Cathay Pacific flight will land on Friday 15 Sep 5.40am in Incheon. We'll be going to Busan from Thu 15- Tue 19 Sep, then to Seoul Tue 19- Sun 24 Sep.

We planned to take the 1st class KTX from Incheon to Busan and the same back to Seoul as we have big luggage.

How do I book the 1st class KTX for 15th & 19th Sep which are separate days? letskorail.com/ebizbf/EbizBfKrPassAbout.do

A) Fri 15 Sep: Incheon Airport to Busan Station.

B) Tue 19 Sep: Busan Station to Seoul Station.

That means I need to buy the flexible '2 day select pass' and under 'SAVER'(2~5) which is 91,100 KRW for 1 person to use on the 15th & 19th Sep?

2 pax will be 91,000 KRW x 2 = 182k KRW, then select 1st class seat with additional fees?

I'm confused which link to use for booking.

1) https:/…EbizbfForeign_pr16100.do

This link allows me to choose KORAIL PASS Type - Flex 2 days & Saver, but how to select 1st class ticket?

2) letskorail.com/ebizbf/…hdposition

This link allows me to 1st class ticket & timing, but it doesn't show selection for Saver price?

Do I book from 1st link to get the pass and then top up to get 1st class tickets on the actual day?

7 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,598 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KTX booking

Why does big luggage mean 1st class? Both classes have luggage space at the end of the cars. First class seats are bigger, and all face forwards, but that's about all the different is. Apart from a free bottle of water.

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KTX booking

Who said big luggage mean 1st class? We just decided we want 1st class and have seats facing forward, and we have big luggage. The question for this post is on KTX booking.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,598 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KTX booking

Well YOU did "We planned to take the 1st class KTX from Incheon to Busan and the same back to Seoul as we have big luggage."

Clearly you took offence at that for some reason. My intention was to stop you booking first class if your only reason was because some idiot had told you that big luggage means you must go first class. People HAVE said that here in the past

I was merely trying to help as booking standard class is much easier if you have a pass.

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: KTX booking

There's no idiot telling me that big luggage have to go 1st class. We just wanted to rest comfortably and sit facing forward and without anyone facing us.

Any1 out there can advise on the booking of SAVER + 1st class tix for 2 separate days?

Seoul
Level Contributor
100 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KTX booking

I think you don't need to buy a pass or anything special.

I would go to any of the links above, and then click on "Rail Tickets" and then "Book Online."

You can just buy individual tickets that way. I input your ticket info (Incheon Airport to Busan on September 15th) and there are several early morning trains. I'm not sure if you could make the 0655 one or not, but all you need to do is click on "Select" in the First Class column.

The passes might be cheaper, but I'm sorry I don't know enough about them to really help. I know it's an international call, but I've always had good luck with their English language service whenever I had to call them.

+82 1544-7788 (then 7 for English, I think).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KTX booking

KORAIL has changed their online purchase and booking system.

You can now purchase KORAIL pass, and reserve seats for the 2 nominated days for your "2 day select pass".

You have to select the 2 days when you go on the KORAIL website.

The seat reservation online with KORAIL pass is "free" for normal seats, for 1st class seats there is additional fees (not sure how much, you have to go through the process and see yourself).

There is no need to exchange KORAIL pass again once in Korea. Just print the KORAIL pass you get online, print the tickets, and bring passport on your ticket reservation dates.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KTX booking

Thanks k1s3k1 for updating the post with the very helpful info.

When I make a reservation for standard seats, will they give a fixed seat or you can choose whatever seat you want when you board?

Reply to: KTX booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted