We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positive experience with CJ Chen (English speaking guide)

Which Hualien County hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
307 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Positive experience with CJ Chen (English speaking guide)

Just had a 3 day tour with CJ. 1 day Taroko, 1 day East Rift, 1 day East Coast.

CJ was a safe and excellent driver (none of us got carsick). Easygoing and super friendly with the kids ("babysat" them when they were napping and husband and I jogged on Baiyang trail!). Spoke excellent English. Quite flexible with the tour. Very prompt with whatsapp/email.

Everybody has a different preference, but we liked his style. He's not too chatty but not too silent.

His car is brand new (Toyota Wish) since he's new to the biz (started in December hence sparse reviews for him here). He's originally from Taipei but has lived in Hualien for the past 15 years and is clearly in lovely with Hualien.

When we arrived in Hualien, he took us to Fuxing street and preordered yummy scallion pancake. AND, even though our tour with him ended when he dropped us off at our Hualien minsu, he generously offered to take us to the station the next morning. Yes, he was picking up his next tour from the station at 10am and our train was at 9am. Still, it was extremely kind.

I know who I'll be calling if I come to Taiwan's east coast again!

Mobile/WhatsApp:+886920669234. cjtwn@yahoo.com.tw

Miri, Malaysia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Positive experience with CJ Chen (English speaking guide)

Hi,

Thank you for your posting,. We will be hiring him from 23/4-26/4 from Hualien to SML. How much did he charge you before? Hope you could revert to us soonest. He is charging us NT3000 around Hualien and between NT4000-5000 other locations.

Thank you.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positive experience with CJ Chen (English speaking guide)

His prices seem reasonable to me.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Positive experience with CJ Chen (English speaking guide)

hi! how much is he charging u from hualien to sml? and around hualien includes East Rift Valley with East Coast package? how much is that package?

4. Re: Positive experience with CJ Chen (English speaking guide)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 12:17