We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

George Town...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

I would like to know how to go to Sun Moon Lake ("SML") from Taichung city. I will be visiting the place soon and would like to know what is the best transport to SML. I would also like to know how far is SML from Taichung city and what will be the traveling time with the best mean of transport.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

heyo~

i took the nantou bus from taichung to cingjing direct and i find the bus relatively luggage friendly. bus driver waited for me to load up my large luggage on to the bus,put it at the empty corner for luggage then start the bus rolling.

the empty corner has no rope securing so its basically just a space. its fine for me hope its the same for u : )

Manila
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Oh that's good. Thanks for the replies. :-)

Manila
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Oh that's good. Thanks for the replies. :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Hello,

Can I know how much does it cost to take a cab from Taichung HSR station directly to SML? If I don't book online for buses, is it easy to figure out the bus to take when I arrive at Taichung HSR station? The website for the buses are too complicated to comprehend!

Can I also find out if it is necessary to stay a night at SML or will a half day trip be sufficient?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice! =)

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

half day is not enough. there are many things to see.

…tumblr.com/tagged/Sun-Moon-Lake

if you stay one night in SML, you can wake up early to see the beautiful sunrise.

…tumblr.com/post/…sunrise-in-sun-moon-lake

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

hi J

sorry i just saw ur post. haha

the Cab is expensive!!! i'm very lucky to have met a cab driver who happen to drive someone in and is willing to drive us out to TaiChung - Central (not the train station) for 600Taiwan Dollars.

previous night i wanted to go this place call shui li from SML and the cab driver quoted us 1500. :S in the end we rent a motorbike. for 80TWD. u see the difference? keke.. anyway, might not be the norm but this was wat i experienced.

if u have 4 pple u can consider a cab.more hua suan. my fren engaged a cab driver.. u want his contact?

the bus no need to book one... u can just buy ticket from there and its relatively easy.. not too cheem :p

i agree that half day is too short. but depends u just want a stop over or u are going to explore the 9zu wen hua chun, and the surrounding area..

hope it helps~

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Interesting @nocturnalette

you actually rent a motorbike? Do you need license to rent it?

18. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Taoyuan