We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak vs Krabi

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Khao Lak vs Krabi

Hello I am visiting Thailand in Jan and am after advice on whether my partner and I should visit Khao Lak or Krabi? We have narrowed it down to these two islands - we are looking for good scuba diving, good restaurants, clean beaches, somewhere to have a drink and nice accomodation on the beach. We have 4 nights. I’ve been looking at Centara at Krabi or JV Marriott at KL but would love to hear thoughts and suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
1 reply
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,300 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak vs Krabi

First, neither Khao Lak or Krabi are islands. Khao Lak in Phang Nga Province comprises 9 beaches along 30km of the Andaman Coast just over an hour north of Phuket Airport. It is a popular centre for diving in snorkelling in and around the Similan and Surin Islands. The JWM Marriott is a large 5* resort located on beautiful Khuk Khak Beach with just a few local eateries nearby and many more in the main towns of Bang Niang and Bang La On 10-15 minutes away by shuttle or taxi.

Plenty of information on the right in the Top Question FAQs when you view this and other forums Full Site on a PC/laptop/tablet

Krabi is a province with popular destinations Ao Nang on the mainland about 2 hours from Phuket airpport but with an airport of its own, and the islands of Koh Lanta and Phi Phi. as well as other small off shore islands mainly visited on day trips. More information on the Krabi forum.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Andaman Seafood Restaurant
Andaman Seafood...
384 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel