We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nanny services in Khao Lak

5 posts
Save Topic
Nanny services in Khao Lak

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any Nanny or Babysitting services in Khao Lak?

We are traveling there in July with our 6yo, 3yo & 2yo. I know the hotel offers babysitting but I would love for my girls to have the same person for the 10 days of our stay.

I have found many places in Phuket, but Khao Lak is too far away for them to travel and so far I haven't had any luck with any of them being able to refer anyone.

Any help or advice would be tremendously appreciated! Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
9 replies to this topic
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
947 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

I'd be screening them (whoever you choose) carefully as when we were at the Sands recently, I couldn't help but notice 2 Thai nannies with 2 Caucasian kids in the restaurant supposedly feeding the kids lunch. 1 child was running around and the other child had fallen asleep at the table. When the food arrived the nannies were quick to gobble it up and the kids got none!

Who does that??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,251 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

The one baby sitting service set up in Khao Lak folded due to lack of support. Not heard of others except those provided by some hotels with the caveats that parkers has alluded to.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Wow, exactly! Who does that??

Thank you Parkers. We are staying at the Sands so will def be extra careful. I was worried about things like that which is why I was hoping to get a dedicated nanny. We've always had good success in Bali with this approach. (My first time to Thailand so not sure if I should apply the same logic)

Do you mind if I ask how long ago you were there?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Thanks Arandora.

Thats a shame, I would have thought that there is ample tourism there to keep a business like that afloat.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,251 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Not unfortunately on an all year round basis.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
947 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Hi Cate,

No problem, we were there only 4 weeks ago!

The kids club is pretty good at the sands. Your 2 older girls maybe able to go on their own, but I think you'd have to stay with the 2 year old.

We have stated on two previous occasions and our son loved the kids club, but he's 10 now ans wasn't at all interested in going this year.

Your girls will love the new Aqua wing with slides, pools etc...... The sands is a great place for a family holiday, have fun.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 19:16
Europe
Level Contributor
97 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Thailand is very different in this respect compared to Bali. So many nationalities traveling to Thailand who do not have English speaking children. German and Scandinavian people are among some of the biggest nationalities traveling to Khao Lak, but these families will not occupy English speaking Thai nannies as they will not be able to communkcate with the children. This makes the business limited for the nannies.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Great, thanks Parkers so much for letting me know. Wow, you just got back, I hope you all had an excellent time.

I will def keep a close eye on who we end up choosing and ask lots of questions before engaging anyone.

we are staying in the Aqua wing and choose the Sands as our kids all love to swim so thought this place would be a perfect place for a family holiday. I think my girls will have a great time. But my husband and I are getting some dental work done while we are there so someone to watch the kids for a bit is necessary.

Thanks for taking the time to share about your time there :)

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nanny services in Khao Lak

Thanks for explaining PHN1, I had no idea. I appreciate you sharing your info with me about how it is different to where I have been previously :)

Reply to: Nanny services in Khao Lak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted