We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent trip to Hua hin

manchester
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Recent trip to Hua hin

Hi we are not long since back from our 5th visit to HH and just thought I would catch up on here.

Unfortunately I was a little ill while there which was a complete pain as we were only there 5 nights this visit and I do love the restaurants, this time I struggled to eat :(

However we still loved it, stayed at the Centara, it's still my favourite hotel.

Found soi bintabaht quiet , many bars empty.

Went to hutsadin elephant foundation, love it there.

When I did start to feel better I had a lovely steak at bird chilli on the night market.

Went to the food court at soi 88, it was so cheap, good atmosphere, had I been feeling my usual self I would have loved it.

Had a cocktail at the Hilton sky bar which was great.

Weather was amazing the whole time we were there , loved relaxing late afternoon at the pool by the sea in the Centara grounds.

Had a massage around 6pm everyday at chattaya near the cent

Didn't do any shopping as we had been to chiang mai before HH and did quite a lot there.

Already planning a return trip in 2019 for our ruby wedding anniversary, probably along with kanchanaburi and Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
10 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Hi Lou. Glad you had a great time even if you had a bit of illness.

We went to Pattaya which I'm sure you'd have enjoyed even though Hua Hin was always first choice ;-)

We'll be back in Hua Hin next year and I think we're going to rent a house for a change. Already planning our trip.

In case you're interested Qatar have some fantastic prices for May 2018 around £400 if booked with Netflights.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
manchester
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Hi Motherwell, where did you stay in Pattaya, how long were you there for ?

Would love to go back in 2018 but we are having a big family get together in a villa in Portugal, so I will have to wait until 2019 :(

Although we will go to our other favourite place Goa in winter 2018.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Goa
Goa
India
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Lou. Spent 1st week in Citrus Park near Jomtien before heading up to North Pattaya for 8 nights at Cape Dara resort but much preferred Citrus Park where the staff were fantastic.

Some lovely food including lunch at Ban Sa Re beach and dinner in Cafe des Amis and Patrick's.

Back to Hua Hin next year though.

Kind regards

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Jomtien Beach
Jomtien Beach
Pattaya, Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Cape Dara Resort
Cape Dara Resort
1,066 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Torrevieja, Spain
Level Contributor
268 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Thanks for posting. Enjoy reading any jbr's, not enough of them. Sorry to see you were ill whilst there, all that lovely food you must have missed out on.

Edited: 11 July 2017, 02:19
manchester
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

I was really gutted to not be able to face the beautiful Centara breakfast on the first couple of mornings:(

Never mind, I will make up for it next time;)

manchester
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Sorry Motherwell missed your response, I am still a little curious about Pattaya, now they do the ferry between HH and Pattaya I wouldn't mind a few nights there then ferry over to HH. Cape dara does look nice have to admit I haven't heard of the other one but I will take a look.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Cape Dara Resort
Cape Dara Resort
1,066 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Hi shirleyVManchester, Thankyou for your trip report. Hopefully next visit your good health will see you travelling better. cheers. CJ

Manchester
Level Contributor
692 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Nice to hear from regular visitors. What a shame you were poorly. We are back in November for a quick visit, then have already booked flights for May2018! Looking forward to seeing what has happened to the pier since our last trip.

scotland
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Hi I am in process of looking for hotel for our possible trip to hua hin next July. The hotel you stayed at the centara? Can you recommend this have you tried others? Can you walk from here to the Hilton where you had a drink? What's a typical price for a drink/food in hotels? Just trying to work out how much it is really going to cost for a week after we book our package of flight/b&b at hotel. Any info appreciated.(we are family of 2 adults 1 teenager age15)

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent trip to Hua hin

Robyn. The Centara is a beautiful hotel in the best area of town. The Hilton is only 300-400 yds away so an easy 5min walk. I've stayed at Centara, Hilton, Anantara and the old Marriott in the past and strangely preferred the Hilton as I felt it was more kid friendly. Anantara is walkable but a bit further out of town. Anantara is a good bit away but has a minivan into town.

Food and drink in all of the above hotels is expensive but we eat out every night as the local restaurants and bars provide fantastic food and drink.

You should be able to get flights for around £500pp but your hotel will depend on whether they treat your teenager as a kid or adult. Kids are usually up to 12 but the American brands sometimes go to 18. Look at Trivago for an idea of hotel prices.

Mentioned in this post
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
2,941 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reply to: Recent trip to Hua hin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted