We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station

Hi there

We just have 3 days here and need to find easiest way to get back to Hua Lamphong for the overnight train to Chiang Mai.

I need to be at station at 5:30pm what time would be best to leave Hua hin and is taxi good option?

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 August 2017, 07:35
Edited: 23 August 2017, 07:35
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,039 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station

Unless you get up very early you are better off taking a limo/taxi, bus or minivan. I would be inclined to take a limo/taxi directly to the rail station. This can be arranged at your hotel/guest house in Hua Hin. And, if you choose this option I would leave around midday which is the most likely time you have to check out. Do also note that you can board the train at Bang Sue which is 20 minutes or so away from Hualamphong.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
269 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station

Bangkok traffic is often bumper to bumper to bumper to .... Another option is the Airport express bus from Hua Hin to Suvamabhumi (BKK) airport. Then take the metro to Makkasan station, transfer to the Blue Line then either go north to Bang Sue or South to Hua Lamphong. The blue line transfer is, IIRC, about 300 meters on an elevated walkway with stairs at the Phetchaburi (blue line) end.

I use the airport bus exclusively for trips to Bangkok, allowing 4 hours when going during midday, though it's usually close to 3 hours now that the bus station is on the north end of Hua Hin.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
602 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station

This depends upon how many people you are and how many pieces

of luggage you have on you, but one of the cheapest ways is to take

a mini-van at Hua Hin to Bangkok's Southern Bus Terminal (3hrs /

180B), where you can hop on the air-con bus No.507 to Hua Lamphong

Railway Station, if you'd like to save some money. The total fare is a little

bit over 200B per person. A taxi should cost you more than 1,500B, I'd

say. I'd leave Hua Hin for Bangkok by mini-van at around noon.

Reply to: Taxi to Hua lamphong railway station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now