We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility issues

kent
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Mobility issues

Hiya

Visiting Hua Hin for a week in February this year,Can anyone pin point sight seeing trips that would be easy on my legs as i have problems with standing and walking for long periods of time, i would really like to do a Elephant trip and maybe a evening trip with a meal, but any would be looked at.

Thankyou

Shazzy

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
6 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobility issues

It all depends on your interests. Giving recommendations could be futile as we all have different tastes, and one man's meat is another man's poison. We were last there in 2013 when we stayed for 2 months and hired a car for 2 weeks and toured around many places. Have you looked at the Things to do list at the top of the page?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g2…

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobility issues

It is difficult to suggest without knowing just how mobile you are.

You can find car+drivers who can take you places so see and you may not have to walk much but you need to choose the places that would suit you.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobility issues

Shazzy this link will give you an idea of interesting things to do in Hua Hin and hopefully you'll have a lot that you can manage https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobility issues

Hi I did Hua Hin and Paknampran in May last year using a wheeliewalker, did not find it a problem in many places. Went to the night markets, Cicada markets, restaurants. People want to assist whichever way possible. Will be taking an electric wheelchair next time, not worried. I would look at youtube videos of where you want to go and gauge it to your ability. Don't let your mobility problem deter you from visiting this area. You can get vans to take you, hire a car. Would drive around Hua Hin not too impressed with Bangkok traffic. There are shopping centres that have disability parking spots. These centres usually have people policing the area and will remove witches hats etc to allow people to use these spaces. All the best

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobility issues

Sorry, just an addit, look up things you wish to ask re disability on google and have it translated into Thai so that you can show it to hotels, taxis etc so they can understand what you want.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobility issues

found this in a previous post - https:/…mobility-scooters.html

Reply to: Mobility issues
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted