We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

https:/…rabies-red-alert-in-part-of-hua-hin

I believe the count for the year is 6, not 5. And where is that photo taken from .... LOL

Photoshop comes to mind. ....

Edited: 17 March 2018, 15:06
42 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

One case was a Myanmar boy who came to Thailand for treatment but was too late. So 5 would be correct. But rabies is something that should be sorted out quickly by the authorities otherwise this could escalate rapidly. So many stray dogs around.

Mentioned in this post
Greater London...
Level Contributor
864 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

Also part of Bangkok has been declared a temporary Rabies zone.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

Dogs are a real problem in Thailand, nearly bitten 3 times last trip, 2 were very close encounters. That is more than all the other countries put together over about 30 years.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

Hi,

The Dogs will always sneak up on you from behind, so beware of them,

especially in the nighttime. Maybe you'd carry a stick with you to try to

keep them away.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Mae Hong Son
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

People who are infected with rabies die a horrific death and there is nothing "LOL" about it.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

The LOL is about the 'photo', and HH never looked so good.

Not to say that people dying in some circumstances isn't funny, but rabies wouldn't be one of them, even though the patient hasn't a clue what's going on. As bonker's mad at the time.

Chuckle worthy if doing something really stupid to get themselves bit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
208 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

I find nothing amusing about this article including the beach picture. The fact that there has been articles in the media almost everyday since arriving here means the problem is growing. It doesn’t matter how many have died just that some poor people have is to many.

The most recent article is looking at stiralization of males good idea but to late for this current problem. However something must been done about strays as they are very aggressive and you do not need to be doing anything for them to attack.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

If you read the news today, all the 'do gooder / animal activist' are crying now because something IS being done, finally about the soi dogs.

Though I don't see them volunteering to take the dogs in and keep them safe. I say, kill 'em all, and start enforcing the 'Animal Protection Laws'.

in case you missed it: nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341364

And the beach photo is funny. Just wish I knew where it was taken from.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,019 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

Have they changed the photo? If not what is funny about it? What the text says seems in line with both the pic and the article.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
208 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin

No I hadn’t seen that one our hotel supplies Bangkok post. Animal rights groups can be their own worst enminies at times in this case more dogs do need to be rounded up. As an animal lover myself I do not agree with poison food a needle is much more humane. Surely people can be easily trained to do this at such times of need.

It is always more important that the human life must come above religious and cultural beliefs at this time I am sure that the protesters would not like to contract such an horrific disease. My observations throughout Asia has shown that these poor deserted dogs and cats would be better served either neutered or dead.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Reply to: Rabies red alert in part of Hua Hin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted