We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows if you can visit WFFT & interact with the elephants whilst pregnant? Have tried to call them but haven’t been able to get through yet.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

Had a quick look on their website - nice to see one of these 'sanctuaries' putting some of their wild animals back where they belong - in the wild. Maybe they have similar plans for their elephants?

Their website says prepare for a lot of walking, so you're probably best placed to know if you're up for that or not.

Manchester
Level Contributor
708 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

you can email them on the below and ask what they think?

Daytrips@wfft.org

Essex UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

We went on this trip in January, and to be honest, we were quite disappointed in it. VERY tourist orientated. I am not sure what we were expecting, but certainly not about 80 people on each trip!!

Each elephant had about 25 people 'walking' with it, and you got to hold the bucket of fruit, leading the elephant, for about 20 seconds before you handed it to the next person.

The elephant bathing did not take place in a river or pool, as shown in their video, but on a patch of wasteland with a hosepipe.....

Just generally disappointing and would not return. I am sure they do a good job and need the money, but just not as advertised in my opinion.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,971 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

Just proves that actual experience is better in forming a judgement than "a quick look on their website."

Manchester
Level Contributor
708 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant

Hi Little yellow duck..I am sad to hear about your experience..As a family,over the last 6 years,we have had about 4 day visits and just turned up to catch up with the center. On the day visits,we have only ever been taken round alone with one volunteer.Possible because we go in low season.In May,we have booked in one of their new lodges for an overnight stay,no tour,just catching up.My son has done the same for November this year.Please email WFFT and tell them of your disappointment and that in high season,they need to keep groups smaller,so it is an enjoyable experience.

Reply to: Wfft Elephants whilst Pregnant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted