We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport in Hua Hin

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transport in Hua Hin

Hi i would like to know how to transfer from my hotel to attractions such as Market Village, Sheep Farm, Railway etc, for my 2 nights trip in Hua Hin? is tuk tuk / taxi at the side of street reasonable? or we have to bargain the fare with them? and, any idea estimated cost/ taxi fare from Sheraton Hotel to Night Market and Market Village thanks in advance !

Mentioned in this post
Market Village HuaHin
Market Village HuaHin
778 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
9 replies to this topic
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,434 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport in Hua Hin

You may want to consider relocating, or renting a car, as location of Sheraton is a bit isolated.

Also research the listed 'attractions' as I suspect, not worth leaving the Sheraton for....LOL

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
512 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport in Hua Hin

I agree with Loki. the only attraction you have mentioned worth considering is the railway (and thats a very distant runner up to many of the other attractions in the area

Also would agree with Loki to relocate from the sheraton or to rent a car

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29792…

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport in Hua Hin

The OP is only staying for 2 nights! Why change hotels for this small duration of stay especially if the cost of transport would only be around 250 baht each way to the desired attractions?

If the OP was staying 5 days or more, then perhaps relocate.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transport in Hua Hin

I think the Sheraton may have a shuttle to and from Hua Hin town , it should be mentioned on their website.

If you go to the night market and and then want to go to market village ( which is only a mall ) you can find tuk tuk easily

Edited: 07 June 2018, 22:32
Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8,761 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport in Hua Hin

Nice hotel but a long way from HH centre.

The Sheep Farm is around a 20 minute road journey from Sheraton.

Plenty of tuk tuks but they tend to be pretty inflexible when it comes to fares. To get back to Sheraton at night time from say the night market they know that you have no choice - my guess would be that they would ask for Thb 500 ? Anyone know different ?

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,434 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport in Hua Hin

Since only 2 nights, don't understand why not just hang out at Sheraton, and enjoy the amenities. As the 3 places you have listed, TBO, for me, if I was standing a block away, wouldn't bother walking to see them.

None worth the effort if there, certainly wouldn't travel to any.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transport in Hua Hin

Thanks All for your replies! Yes checked Sheraton website they do provide shuttle to HH centre. As for attractions might reconsider since not worth a visit from your reviews....thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transport in Hua Hin

The shuttle will probably drop you somehere close to the night market anyway ( very busy at weekends )

If you are there Fri / Sat / Sun evenings Cicada is a nice Arts and Crafts market but south of town center , you can get a songthaew / baht bus down to there from the center .

Cicada

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Re…

Main Night Market ( every night )

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Re…

As far as attractions are concerned they may not interest some but are very popular with others , look on the reviews on Tripadvisor for those attractions but you only have a days

Edited: 12 June 2018, 08:45
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transport in Hua Hin

Ok thanks for your input! Appreciate it!

Reply to: transport in Hua Hin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin