We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
25 reviews
Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Hi Folks just got back from our yearly vacation.Bit whirlwind..3 cities Istanbul, Phnom Penh,Bangkok and finally Hua Hin.

So impressed with how clean the main beach is.The poster,going down to the beach near the Centara, stating no littering and no smoking with a 100,000 baht fine is definitely working.Even saw people being shown off Tamarind market for lighting up.A disaster happened to some of the stalls as you go down to main beach. Apparently due to an electrical fault at 3am a fire raged through 3 stalls.Ones either side of the fire were boarded up.I am very happy to report that ALL of the stalls were back up and running within a week? Amazing.

The roof top bar at the Holiday Inn is fantastic.I loved the glass floor area,but I’m OK with heights,my hubby wouldn’t go anywhere near it.

Highlight of our visit was overnight at WFFT,which I will do a separate review of.

Low season is just a great time to go.No crowds, good weather,just the odd downpour for a couple of hours.And with the fierce sun behind clouds you can stand being out in it all day and come home with a great tan. Back for Songkran next year,be a bit more lively,but good fun.

11 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Thanks Manchester. We arrive in less than 2 weeks now. Glad you had a great trip.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Yes, glad to hear you had a good trip.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
165 reviews
3. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Hi ManchesterBuster, thanks for sharing, i'd read about the fire and it's good to read they are back up and trading. Cheers CJ

Bangkok, Thailand
4 posts
4. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Hua Hin is one of my favorite beaches in Thailand - nice, clean, classy, and close to Bangkok, much better than Pattaya !

Edited: 16 June 2018, 13:40
Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Oh I'm so glad to hear that. We are going there in 2 weeks and after mixed opinions I started to have even more mixed feelings. Any idea how is the weather now? Any sunshine at all?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

>>>Any sunshine at all?<<<

Yes!

https:/…320151

Edited: 17 June 2018, 06:41
Manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Goodgoosia,plese don't worry about the weather.At this time of year the sun is directly overhead and very fierce!I love the sun and came back brown as a berry,even with quite a few days of white cloud coverage and believe me, when the sun did come out,I was glad for the cloud back.We walk the beach every morning about 9am for 1-2 hours.On our last morning,it was grey cloud ,with the odd spot of rain.We didn't want to miss our last walk.My husband,burns easily,but had acquired a golden colour,from our beach walks. Because of the weather,he didn't put sun cream on.On the plane home he was burnt.!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
527 reviews
8. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Nice one Buster.

Am looking forward to your review on WFFT.

Manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Hi Kev,I already put it on..a few days ago..

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
527 reviews
10. Re: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.

Found it - Thank you

Reply to: Hua Hin end of May/June visit.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted