We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review of WFFT overnight stay.

Manchester
Level Contributor
689 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
review of WFFT overnight stay.

As the centre has had a bit of negative vibe in High Season, regarding crowded day trips,I decided I must review our overnight stay at Phants Lodge.

Booking is very easy,pay a 50% deposit on the online booking page,balance on arrival.I emailed about rooms and what would happen, receiving prompt, pleasant replies,answering all my questions.We have our own transport,but I think they will pick you up from your accommodation, like the day visits.

We arrived at 3pm and were shown to the lodges.We stayed in No2..The rooms are 1 flight up and are just amazing,with an outside shower,enabling you to watch the monkeys,while showering!There is a gorgeous lounge area below,where you are served delicious meals.dinner,breakfast and lunch,all included.Drinks from the kitchen area mini bar extra,but you can bring your own if you wish.

There are 3 beautiful elephants in your back garden!They have a huge wooded area,with 2 lakes in,but return to the fence at feeding time.They are not safe enough for the day trip area.One poor girl, has had her tail cut short,to make bracelets and rings out of elephant skin,how can people be so cruel.The Volunteers came to hand the Vitamin balls out to our 3 ellies,while we watched and enjoyed our delicious dinner,,then they made their way towards us,for us to give them their banana treats.As it went dark,we were left by the staff and the ellies to enjoy our wine..then at 7.30pm the ellies returned to stand in front of us,while I chatted away to them.It was wonderful.We had an early night,to wake at 6.30,to see them returning to the lodge ready for breakfast.We were free all morning,to wander the allowed paths,visiting the bears and naughty monkeys,spotting a week old baby clinging onto Mum.Even one of the slow lorries popped her head out, from her sleeping box to see us.They are in the process of building an Orangutan enclosure,for the 2 they have,that can sadly not be returned to the wild.One of them arrived at WFFT with a full wardrobe of clothes and it’s own Go-Kart, I have no words.We were invited to stay all afternoon at the centre,after checking out of our lovely accommodation, sadly we had get back.But we will be coming back in April to see the Orangutans in their new enclosure.I could go on and on about the elephant I sponsor,rescued aged 2 from Cha-am,but please go and find out about the hundreds of animals they have rescued, from appalling conditions,to live the life they always should have had.

Visit WFFT overnight,you will love it.Huge thank you to Emily and Som for making us feel very special and privileged to share a few hours with the animals. D.

1 reply
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: review of WFFT overnight stay.

Looks amazing , had not heard of this , on the list for next trip :)

Reply to: review of WFFT overnight stay.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted