We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants by Hilton HH?

New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants by Hilton HH?

Can anyone recommend local restaurants near Hilton? I read that there are tons of restaurants/ bars, but want to know if anything stands out. Not interested in western food.

And how much to get a tuk tuk from Hilton to Cicada market? Do I negotiate price?

TIA.

Mentioned in this post
Cicada Market
Cicada Market
4,231 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
9 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

When someone asks this question, I tend to refer them to the Restaurant link above see... https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g2… , because if you read reviews someone will give 5 stars to one place and someone else will say it is is poor and only give it 1 star.

Personally, I love the night market where there are many good restaurants. Not far from the Hilton (a few hundred yards), there is the Everest International Food restaurant that serves Thai and Indian, and also Pizza + more. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Having said that you might not get to it because of the plethora of eating places you see on the way that will catch you attention and divert you from reaching it. Then of course there are the restaurants on the piers that are very close to the Hilton. You just walk out of the front of the hotel, turn right and they about 100 yards down on the right

As far as going to the Cicada Market, if you wish to save some cash and enjoy the local transport favoured by tourists, you can catch the Green Songthaew Bus (Pickup truck with two benches inside) on the main road. For directions ask the hotel concierge. It only costs 10 baht per trip in daylight hours and 15 baht after dark.

You might find the tuk tuks charge about 200 baht single trip in the high season. You will need to negotiate. There is usually about 20 tuk tuks about 100 yards down from the Hilton on the main junction.

Mentioned in this post
Cicada Market
Cicada Market
4,231 Reviews
Hua Hin, Thailand
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

Here are some of the top Restaurants IMHO

Moon Smile Platoo (great spot)

Thai Friendly Kitchen (up over the tracks on soi 88)

Restaurant 94, Up over the tracks on 94.

Also

Volore Italain

Mentioned in this post
Platoo
Platoo
183 Reviews
Cha-am, Thailand
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

Both Frithwood and Kevin have given you some great choices. Last night we ate in M&G's opposite the entrance to Centara and had a lovely meal for under 400 Baht !! (as previously recommended by Frithwood)

Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
918 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

We paid 150 baht to get to Cicada last week. Moon Smile not the same since move. No atmosphere now and even for low season we were only ones in it!

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

Ive been in moonsmile a few times since the move and I really enjoy it still - Was as full as ever last time I was there (feb)

and its top of my list when I hit HH in a months time

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

HI Where about is moon smile now located?? it had closed last year when we visited Hua Hin and would like to visit this year when were in town,

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

HI Where about is moon smile now located?? it had closed last year when we visited Hua Hin and would like to visit this year when were in town,

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Sheffield
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

Moon smile is located right of the temple on the same side as London Bar in the square.

Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants by Hilton HH?

Last night we visited Ogen which is in the little square where McDonald's is. It was so delicious and I would absolutely recommend.

There are so many good restaurants but we really enjoyed the middle eastern type food at Ogen for a change.

Reply to: Restaurants by Hilton HH?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin