We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibus from Bangkok???

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Minibus from Bangkok???

Last year we travelled back from Hua Hin to bangkok on an aircon minibus sevice - that dropped us of at somewhere called something like the Victoria Junction or Park.

Can anyone tell me where we can get on it in Bangkok to get to Hua Hin - and ideally an idea of the times they operate.

The English owner of the All Nations Guest House told us about it (can't find his contact details) and it was a lot cheaper than a taxi, quicker than a train and more comfortable than the bus.

Or any other farly cheap yet comfy ways of getting to Hua Hin from BKK Airport.?????

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,328 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

It must have been Victory Monument, which is a big transportation hub. Unfortunately, it's a big area, so I couldn't tell you specifically where to go to get the van to Hua Hin. But maybe someone here can, or you just go there and start asking people. That's what I usually do. You always find someone with sufficient English who knows his or her way around, and Thai people like being helpful.

Directly from the airport, a taxi would cost around 1800 baht.

I think there might also be vans leaving from the Airport Bus Terminal (take the free-of-charge white shuttle bus from outside arrivals).

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

In Bangkok you can also check with the nearest travel agency and see if they have any info. I do know that travel agencies set up rides from Bangkok to Pattaya and other places like Hat Yai and Penang.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297922-c2333/Hua-Hin…

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

try contacting this company, they do a transport to Hua hin, not sure how the price stands up

http://www.bkkbiz.com/page5.htm

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,328 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

You don't need to go to travel agencies or contact some specific companies. You'll pay a lot more and not get there any faster. I found this on the van with a Google search:

"A trip takes up to 2 hours and a half. A van carries 11 seats. Passengers get on the vehicle in front of Ratchawitee Hospital near the Victory Monument, a downtown accessible by several bus lines and BTS skytrain. The first van leaves the hub at 6AM, and the last van at 7PM. 180 baht per seat."

From another source, I saw: head for the Thai Farmers Bank from the BTS station.

Victory Monument is a big circle. Coming out of it at 9 o'clock, ie on the west side puts you on Ratchawithee Road. The hospital is half a block from the circle. (The BTS station is at 6 o'clock ie due south).

By the way, SGA Airlines flies to Hua Hin from Suvarnabhumi. Book through Nok Air. www.nokair.com

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
299 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

The queue (what they call) is right at Rajvithee Hospital, one corner of the Victory Monument circle.

It runs every hour, and truely the fastest but comfy among train/bus/taxi. It takes around 2.30-3 hours.

I use to keep the mobile of the van operator.

+6686 9927422 incase you find the way tp communicate with them.

Nevertheless, if you are talking about the trip from Suvannabhumi, let me think it over again.

To get from the airport to the monument could be 350 Baht (not sure) then pay another 180 Baht to the van office, and from there you have to pay the local taxi 100-200 Baht, I think, depending on where you stay.

Altogether, it may take 5 hours to get to HuaHin.

I don't know,in this fuel crisis, if you still can catch a taxi at 2500 Baht to Hua Hin from the airport. This should take about 2.45-3 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,328 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

If cost is a factor, bus # 551 goes directly from Suvarnabhumi bus terminal to Victory Monument, frequent departures, 34 baht.

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

Thanks for your help folks - I was told be someone a couple of weeks back that the cheapest cab price they could get was 3000. And the minibus seemed just as quick and more comfy last year.

Burgenstock...
Level Contributor
72 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

I took the mini bus from BKK to HH the first time in Feb07 and the minivan station was infront of the hospital at V.M. but in December they moved the station to another location a bit off the circle. If you can't find the station infront of the hospital then try this new locatin: If you are on the pedestrian bridge above the V.M circle facing the BTS station. Walk to the BTS station and get off the bridage on the left side of the road. About 200 meters there is a big building on your left (sort of reddish color, I think)and there will be a bunch of people sitting around in the parking lot on the side of the building and a few white vans parking in the lot, that is where it is. There will be a guy sitting at a small desk as you enter the parking lot he will be the one who will sell you the ticket. The van runs, I think, until 9 or 10pm from BKK, it doesn't have a schedule, as soon as the van is full, they go. You can ask them to drop you off anyway along the way into HH, if you are staying north of HH center, so you don't have to double back once you get into HH.

9. Re: Minibus from Bangkok???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 13:27
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin