We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wannara VS Seahorse Resort

SG
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wannara VS Seahorse Resort

Hi everyone! I have pretty much narrowed down my choice to the above two hotels. I have read the reviews and considered the pros & cons. Any other inputs out there? I suspect that the rooms and pool in Seahorse are much nicer but i really like the location of Wannara.

Cheers! And thanks, in advance!

Perth
Level Contributor
511 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wannara VS Seahorse Resort

Hi, We have just come back from staying at the Wannara Hotel. We had the deluxe rooms by the pool. These rooms are huge. The buffet breakfast was very good. It is a really homely feel hotel as opposed to the big hotels. The pool is nice and has a childrens pool and spa. We found the hotel quiet and had our choice of sunbeds. It did get busy over weekend as a holiday when Bangkok residence came down. The location is excellent. We like walking and found it to be close to shops and restaurants nice walk to market and very close to beach. Plenty of tuk tuks if you want to go further afield. The staff are just lovely. ood luck and have a great time. We booked through Htels2Thailand. Found them the cheapest around 71 dollars aus for the deluxe by pool.

SG
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wannara VS Seahorse Resort

Thank u for your reassuring post on Wannara!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wannara VS Seahorse Resort

Locations are very different ideed, Wannara is in town and Seahorse is at Khao Takiab about 4/5 km from town. From Seahorse it's about a 10 minute wander to the beach at Khao Takiab which is the beach past the main beach, much quieter area. Daytime a minute walk to the Songthaew 'bus stop' and it's 10 baht into town, after dark though you need taxi which is I think about B 150 each way.

It comes down to being in the town area or being in quieter area. There is a temple just behind Seahorse and you can also walk to the Goilden Buddha area at the far end of the main beach, so you have 2 choices of beach area.

At the beach nearest Seahorse ( Khao Takiab stretching to Suan Son ) there is also nearby fishing village plus water sports and a very long stretch of beach, a couple of small offshore islands which you can boat around - so simply Seahorse quieter area, Wannara town area.

4. Re: Wannara VS Seahorse Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin