We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Bangkok International Airport to Hua Hin

California
2 posts
Save Topic
Train from Bangkok International Airport to Hua Hin

Has anyone taken the train from Bangkok International to Hua Hin? I've read that there are three train stations and assume we would go to the Hualamphong Train Station. But I'm not sure how long of a taxi ride it is from the airport to the train station.

Is the train more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Bangkok International Airport to Hua Hin

The train service between the air port and Makkasan (in the city) will not be operational until early 2010, and it does not link to the main railway system. It may be better to take a taxi to Hualumpong station. The train ride is slow (about 4 hours) compared with the average road trip of about 3 hours.

California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Bangkok International Airport to Hua Hin

Thank you! That's exactly what the hotel Concierge told me.

3. Re: Train from Bangkok International Airport to Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 12:19